Tiny bugs in Ts water dish!

Kaigronhoff

Arachnopeon
Recently ive been seeing weird tiny floaties pop up in my ts waterbowl but I soon figured out they were moving! Please help.

Liquifin

Arachnoking
Those are spring tails which is a very good sign. They are harmless to your pet T. and actually help clean out mold, boluses, and poop your tarantula makes. They don't bother T.'s nor will they harm them, so they're a great addition to have to help clean your enclosure for you.

Kaigronhoff

Arachnopeon
Those are spring tails which is a very good sign. They are harmless to your pet T. and actually help clean out mold, boluses, and poop your tarantula makes. They don't bother T.'s nor will they harm them, so they're a great addition to have to help clean your enclosure for you.
So should I stop dumping them out of the water dish then?

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
So should I stop dumping them out of the water dish then?
They will not do very well in an arid environment - that is why they are congregating in the water dish. They need a damp/humid environment to do well. If you have a species who has their water dish overflowed, or has a damper area of the enclosure, dump the water and springtails into the damp substrate. Otherwise, they are just going to die off. They are less likely to be required in your arid enclosures anyway.