Thoughts on introducing Springtails into A. Seemanni enclosure?

Seemannnni

Arachnoknight
Given this T's humidity requirements, I have been contemplating countering the inevitable mold invasion by introducing a culture of Springtails from my local reptile shop. Should I continue with such? I have a few stupid questions, but I need to know.

For one:
-Do Springtails climb glass and/or escape?
-Are Springtails messy and/or a nuisance? Do they impede on tank maintenance?
-How quickly do they reproduce in captivity?
-In the situation they die, how could I remove them? Do their corpses cause mold themselves?

Any experience with them? Please do share! Anything you could aid in with my A. Seemanni would be greatly appreciated. I assume you guys keep yours pretty moist too.

Carthropod

Arachnosquire
Given this T's humidity requirements, I have been contemplating countering the inevitable mold invasion by introducing a culture of Springtails from my local reptile shop. Should I continue with such? I have a few stupid questions, but I need to know.

For one:
-Do Springtails climb glass and/or escape?
-Are Springtails messy and/or a nuisance? Do they impede on tank maintenance?
-How quickly do they reproduce in captivity?
-In the situation they die, how could I remove them? Do their corpses cause mold themselves?

Any experience with them? Please do share! Anything you could aid in with my A. Seemanni would be greatly appreciated. I assume you guys keep yours pretty moist too.
I just introduced them to my terrariums, glimb glass, to some extent, maybe an inch from the soil
Springtails makes so you dont need to clean it as often, some ispods and live plants to the mix and i can be bio active, so no.
if they escape they will very quickly die, and
the population numbers will skyrocket up when there is mold, when it is all gone it will go down and up if the mold appear again
if they die do nothing maybe introduce some food, main reason they die is food shortage, so the springtails will eat the others

arachnidgill

Arachnoknight
I have been contemplating countering the inevitable mold invasion
In most cases mold is only ever a problem if you leave dead feeders in for too long. Even then, most mold is harmless to tarantulas as long as you don't let it take over. Keep up on spot cleaning and remove any uneaten feeders before 24 hours and springtails aren't needed.
I assume you guys keep yours pretty moist too.
Keep the substrate slightly moist, but not so moist water drips when you squeeze the substrate in your hand.

Seemannnni

Arachnoknight
In most cases mold is only ever a problem if you leave dead feeders in for too long. Even then, most mold is harmless to tarantulas as long as you don't let it take over. Keep up on spot cleaning and remove any uneaten feeders before 24 hours and springtails aren't needed.

Keep the substrate slightly moist, but not so moist water drips when you squeeze the substrate in your hand.
Okay, thank you.

Seemannnni

Arachnoknight
I just introduced them to my terrariums, glimb glass, to some extent, maybe an inch from the soil
Springtails makes so you dont need to clean it as often, some ispods and live plants to the mix and i can be bio active, so no.
if they escape they will very quickly die, and
the population numbers will skyrocket up when there is mold, when it is all gone it will go down and up if the mold appear again
if they die do nothing maybe introduce some food, main reason they die is food shortage, so the springtails will eat the others
Gotcha, thank you!

Vanisher

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I dont think it is nesessary. Just keep it well ventilated and not overly moist. Sure it does not hurt to have dpringtails in a enclosure, but it is really not nesessary if you keep the parameters right

Seemannnni

Arachnoknight
Update: I added the Springtails. I haven't noticed any super changes, but since I keep my tank quite moist and humid I included them for peace of mind. I might add in a grain of rice or something soon to encourage colony growth.

Attachments