This is just plain nuts

Nerri1029

Chief Cook n Bottlewasher
Old Timer
One of the tanks has 5 million gallons of water

I saw this on the TODAY show this morning.

they seem to place a high priority on education

Stylopidae

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Silver.x said:
I read 100,000 fish, not species. :?
I read that, too.

CNN said:
More than 100,000 species of sea life are getting ready for their new starring role at the world's largest indoor aquarium
This is the first sentence of the paragraph introducing the article from CNN's website.

becca81

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
The Tennessee Aquarium is here in Chattanooga and, it being a very popular attraction for some time, there is a bit of concern that the new aquarium in Atlanta will take away from what we have here.

Another aquarium was opened a few years ago in Gatlinburg, TN (hmmm.. maybe it was in Pigeon Forge, TN) that has one of those "underwater walkways."

I don't think it was said that all the species would be in one tank together?

danielr6543

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
becca81 said:
The Tennessee Aquarium is here in Chattanooga and, it being a very popular attraction for some time, there is a bit of concern that the new aquarium in Atlanta will take away from what we have here.

Another aquarium was opened a few years ago in Gatlinburg, TN (hmmm.. maybe it was in Pigeon Forge, TN) that has one of those "underwater walkways."

I don't think it was said that all the species would be in one tank together?
The Tennessee Aquarium houses local southern aquatic life though doesnt it, as well as some other non locals. I seem to remember last time I was there it was mostly local animals though. It's been quite sometime since I was last there though.

galeogirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
It's fun when you're in one of those underwater tunnels to start conversing with friends as though it's one of live seafood tanks at Red Lobster.:D

PinkZebraBooty

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Ooh, I'll join you there with signs that say "Fish Are Freinds Not Food!" It will be performance art. ;)

galeogirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Bring the hula hoop, I'm sure we can work it into the act somehow.

edesign

AB FB Group Moderatr
Old Timer
becca81 said:
The Audobon Aquarium in New Orleans was a-w-e-s-o-m-e (and also had an underwater walkway :))...the operative word being "was" :( It'll be back eventually...and the bug zoo was supposed to open this fall but nooooooo, that damn biyatc, er, hurricane katrina had other plans for it *cry*

hamfoto

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
forget the amount of species they may have or numbers of fish...they've got 2 whale sharks in their huge main tank...very cool!

Stylopidae

Arachnoking
Old Timer
CNN said:
More than 100,000 species of sea life are getting ready for their new starring role at the world's largest indoor aquarium
Evil Cheshire said:
This is the first sentence of the paragraph introducing the article from CNN's website.

Twysted

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Silver.x said:
I read 100,000 fish, not species. :?
100,000 fish is still pretty INSANE...

Here is a picture of my 180 gallon tank with 2 fish (lionfish & dogface puffer)

I thought this was a big tank LOL. I couldnt even imagine doing a water change on a tank as big as they are talking about.. ;P

Twysted

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I wish.. that would be awsome.. I would love to be able to keep sharks