thinking about ghetting a rhino..

blazetown

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Rhino seems a little hard to contain with enough room for it to roam. The amount of food they eat in a day is something to consider too. If you actually are thinking of getting one I would look into breeding at least. When I was in high school a man in the outskirts of that town (Aylmer, ON) was a big cat enthusiast. Kinda cool to go home on your bus and see an enormous tiger casually sleeping in the sun in his front yard. After his Mountain Lion escaped more than once he was kicked out of the township and I heard recently that his Tiger mauled him to death. He apparently entered the cage to clean it like always and obviously turned his back on his pet. The point being that the larger mammals can view us as prey or an annoyance. I wouldn't want to be facing a pissed off rhino even if it wasn't planning to eat me lol.

DireWolf0384

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Personally, I think a rhino is past the limit of a "pet". I don't believe people should be owning animals like Rhinos, Tigers, Anacondas, Elephants etc. unless they are TRULY into them. Like if someone decides to create a Primate Sanctuary on several acres of land, that's cool. But then they didn't do that for the sake of having pet primates. If you really like Rhinos, I'd do a conservation thing like what another user said.

Just my opinion.

Good Luck With the Rhino if you get one!

and Happy Holidays!
Hahaha! That's what I was going to say before I actually read the thread!:p

fangsalot

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
so it seems some of you still havent realized i was talking about a rhino iguana :p ..wierdest thread ever

H. laoticus

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Rhino seems a little hard to contain with enough room for it to roam. The amount of food they eat in a day is something to consider too. If you actually are thinking of getting one I would look into breeding at least. When I was in high school a man in the outskirts of that town (Aylmer, ON) was a big cat enthusiast. Kinda cool to go home on your bus and see an enormous tiger casually sleeping in the sun in his front yard. After his Mountain Lion escaped more than once he was kicked out of the township and I heard recently that his Tiger mauled him to death. He apparently entered the cage to clean it like always and obviously turned his back on his pet. The point being that the larger mammals can view us as prey or an annoyance. I wouldn't want to be facing a pissed off rhino even if it wasn't planning to eat me lol.
lol this is a good one too.

pouchedrat

Arachnolord
Old Timer
LoL, if this was for a real rhino, I could have directed them to Ken's exotics. A while back he had a pair of rhinos (I think white) for sale. right now he has a lot of hyenas, and that silver one is just pretty!!

A while back he also had cloud rats for sale, you have no idea how tempted I was to save my cash and buy a couple of those beauties... but i doubt i could have kept one without a special USDA license or something.

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Well I actually am thinking about getting a real rhinoceros. Not a viper, not an iguana, the real thing.

Well, thinking about it.... I think it would be a bad idea.

Lucas339

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Well I actually am thinking about getting a real rhinoceros. Not a viper, not an iguana, the real thing.

Well, thinking about it.... I think it would be a bad idea.
well if you had enough room and were really, really good at building large scale, durable enclosures you might be able to pull if off.