Thinking about getting a Scolpendra sp.

BugLuver2302

Arachnopeon
Hi, I’ve been keeping flighty species of arachnids for some time now. Like xenesthis Intermedia and a few of curtain web spiders. Also other invertebrates scorpions, a vinegroon etc. I’ve been thinking about getting my first species of Scolpendra sp. either a Scolpendra subspinipes or a Scolpendra sp. gigantea. Now I know these Scolpendra species temperament are different to new world flighty species and that Scolpendra are more venomous. I’ve done my research on scolpendra species before considering. And how to be more safer around them. Correct spacing to avoid getting bit and being aware about their behavior at times. Do you guys think I should be fine as long as I’m being aware about my surroundings and taking proper procaution when rehousing a Scolpendra species?

Spoodfood

Feeder of Spoods
Arachnosupporter
Nobody can decide that but you. If you are having a lapse in confidence with the species mentioned, I would highly recommend grabbing a S. polymorpha, as they are smaller, less venomous, and their care can be easier.

That being said, I wouldn’t advise someone to get something they aren’t really interested in for the sake of a stepping stone.

ouroboross

Arachnosquire
get dehaani. Its super affordable, highly available, and it isn't hard to care for.