They Arrived! Holothele sp. Columbia :D

AbraxasComplex

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
So my Holothele sp. Columbia (The Bumble Bee) juveniles came in today. The pics do not do them justice. They truly do make the Holothele incei look like they've been dusted with dirt.

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Dude! SO awesome. I take it this is another communal species then...? If/when "they" split H. incei from the Holothele genus I expect this species will go along with it, they are obviously related whereas most other Holothele's aren't so similar (chevrons, bright greens, etc). It's very exciting to see this. I hope you get some sacs out of these and begin to get them into the market (please?).

Great work! :clap::clap::clap:

AbraxasComplex

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Haha yep, the person I got them from keeps them together like H.incei. They are also found in the wild much like H.incei in extremely close proximity.

I have 2 different sizes so I should have many chances to breed them. :D

TalonAWD

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Oh man! I have to get some of these. I would like a communial setup to add to my enclosures:D

Whats their max size and I second the question if they keep their colors.?

ZergFront

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
*shaking fist in the air* Cuuuuuurse you Canada! Curse you!!! J/K! {D

They're such lovely little critters. I get a large tank for a communal.... :drool:

JC

Arachnolort
Old Timer
So my Holothele sp. Columbia (The Bumble Bee) juveniles came in today.
Wow, really 'stunning'(buzz buzz) coloration. They really look like bees, lol. These are definitely going on my 'serious list'. :D

AbraxasComplex

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Oh man! I have to get some of these. I would like a communial setup to add to my enclosures:D

Whats their max size and I second the question if they keep their colors.?

From the pictures I've seen they do keep their colours. As for the size I believe it is the same as the H.incei. About 1.5-2'' for older females.

I got 6 juvies, and a bunch of spiderlings. All of which were housed together before being sent.

They have a great massive vase (about 20+ gallons) I am setting them up in. :)

titus

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Very cool looking species! Good luck with their care and breeding. I would love to see these more availible.

JC

Arachnolort
Old Timer
Wow, that thought of these guys in a huge communal setup of about 100 of them, that would be too cool.

Hey guys, what do you call a communal setup of 1000 Holothele sp. Columbia put together into one tank? ...............A HIVE! Ahhahahahaha, get it? Because they are bees, and are together...and communal...and are yellow...ahahhe...buzz, buzz...........buzz. Good night!