User TheRuiner's Tarantula Pictures

TheRuiner

Arachnopeon
I took some more pics of the GBB after it was finished but they weren't very focused, check this out though, I've been watching this aphonopelma seemanni real close, it stopped eating - red flag one, it's abdomen got really dark - red flag two, and then this last night, is this a flag to look for for a oncoming molt? It started leaking from one of it's leg joints. Then the next morning it was on it's back ready to get going. Can't wait to see what i come home too tonight, this is one of the final molts and I don't know sex yet.

Attachments

tewebag

Arachnoknight
aphonopelma seemanni
Awesome, they are easy to sex. Also they like to burrow, you should (after the molt is done and it has recovered) change that enclosure to have some nice deep sub for it to burrow into. From the pictures it looks like very little sub.

TheRuiner

Arachnopeon
Your right, it was pretty obviously a,..... female! I'm having great luck picking girls :)

Here's the entire enclose and the shelf it sits on, it's got about 2-2 1/2 inches of substrate for her to dig in but over the year or so I've had her she's barely ever dug, she's been rehoused once and both environments she hardly moved anything but a little top soil. I hoped she'd dig out under the cork bark i have in there, it goes down far, oh well. Am I not keeping it damp enough? I'm open to suggestions...

Attachments

TheRuiner

Arachnopeon
Why not a couple more while I'm at it - my holiday weekend started early! Here's my brachypelma albopilosum female, and my theraphosa stirmi who appears to have lost a back right leg before his last molt, i'm guessing that leg will match up after another. He/she has a lot of growing left to do so i'll find out i guess.
Also, here's the smallest of all my T's, one of three chromatopelma cyaneopubescens, I can't wait to find out if i have a boy and a girl in these three, i know none of them are sack mates so I will see if they will mate in a few years...

Attachments

TheRuiner

Arachnopeon
I switched up my stirmi's enclosure a little bit, I added a bigger piece of cork bark, switched the water bowl for a little smaller one, added some more substrate, moss and a plant. I noticed it was always on top of the wet moss making me think it wanted more humidity. I also covered part of the lid with some cling wrap to keep in moisture. While I was at it I added a few dwarf white isopods and some spring tails. I hope he/she likes it, that should last a good while until it's time for an even bigger tank - I hope!

Attachments

TheRuiner

Arachnopeon
Caught a hamorii sliding out of their old coat last night, and enjoying the extra room in their new one the next morning...

Attachments