Therea Pics

IguanaMama

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: Those are AMAZING!!!!!

bugmankeith

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Are they supposed to be beetle mimics, because they look very much like beetles.

ftorres

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Roaches

HEllo Dexter,
Hey Put me down on the waiting list for both of the Therea sp roaches.
What other sp are you currently working on?
regards

angus

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
this is another very nice looking Therea sp., hope can add them in collection someday later on......:D :D :D :D :D

IguanaMama

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Can the two species live together or will they interbreed? How do you care for these? What do they eat? Are they the fruit and table scrap eating type or leave litter eating type?

Slan

Arachnopeon
Therea grandjeani is NOT "domino roach", Thereia petiveriana is.

IguanaMama

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Do these have a common name? I clicked on your "my animals" link, quite an impressive list. I see you keep these. What do you feed them? Do they need high humidity? I had five of the Therea petiveriana but two died, that's when I threw in dried oak leaf and increased humidity, but I don't know if I'm doing the right thing. Any help would be appreciated, I want to keep the three I have and hopefully add to my collection, but not until I know the proper care for them.

Elytra and Antenna

Arachnoking
Arachnosupporter +
Do these have a common name? I clicked on your "my animals" link, quite an impressive list. I see you keep these. What do you feed them? Do they need high humidity? I had five of the Therea petiveriana but two died, that's when I threw in dried oak leaf and increased humidity, but I don't know if I'm doing the right thing. Any help would be appreciated, I want to keep the three I have and hopefully add to my collection, but not until I know the proper care for them.
Question Mark Cockroach (look at it from the side)
Cockroach Common names
Therea eat dog food and fruit but need some rotten hardwood leaves in the diet (oak, beech, elm, etc.) somewhat decayed and crushed. Decent humidity is necessary but sopping wet substrate will eventually lead to death (always damp, never dry or too wet).

Gsc

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hey Dexter & Debby, The group I purchased from y'all about 6 months ago are doing great...many have already matured...can't wait until I get that first batch of babies! Great pictures!

Graham