Theraphosa spp. hybridization

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
I didn't realize this genus was so muddied up in Europe. Never heard of or even seen any hybrids here in Canada, maybe our breeders are just a little more diligent though.
I’ll pair Suriname up and dark French Guyana I have quite a few darks like 7 females and 6 females from WC line I’ve paired up apophysis too
Please dont intentionally hybridize them any further, seems to be bad enough as is.

esa space station

Arachnoknight
Have you seen my avatar btw ive got 50+plus pages converted from german to english .what size terraruims are yours in out of interest any piccys!

Kieron2626123

Arachnosquire
I didn't realize this genus was so muddied up in Europe. Never heard of or even seen any hybrids here in Canada, maybe our breeders are just a little more diligent though.

Please dont intentionally hybridize them any further, seems to be bad enough as is.
Over here we have pure breeds just one of 2 people back in the day done hybrids over here in Europe We have the best theraphosa breeding of any country’s polish and Germany breeders have cracked the code to get sacs Ben Weber

esa space station

Arachnoknight

This is mainland europe they were as elusive as bigfoot now there all over the place.i hear what your saying i love the species but now theres loads of em pm me if u want i was serious about the bigfoot quote if ur into that kind of thing

Kieron2626123

Arachnosquire

Mate If I did have hybrids I wouldn’t sell for 2 reasons
Reason one I’d wanna keep them all for my self
2nd reason that would be extremely Rare and they would ruin pure bloodlines so I wouldn’t do that tbh so keeping them is just for me only

U hardly see hybrids around bud no need to worry the sp is very hard to get sacs from only a few people know how to get good sacs but tbh hybrids ain’t all that bad if kept to you’re own u be surprised how many hybrids are in the hobby without people knowing I think there interesting but on another level bad but like I said a few WC blondi/stirmi/apophysis have been natural Hybrids they more or less live in the same areas of course they going to bump into each other and a horny male ain’t going to turn down any female lmao

Last edited by a moderator:

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
Dont go out and get yourself killed then, cause those slings will fall into someone else's possession. Make sure they are all properly labelled as well.

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
Just to echo @Nightstalker47's post, please keep everything labeled properly. Many species in the hobby are muddied enough as is, we don't need more getting out. And if you do happen to have a lot of slings, I'd just let them cannibalize each other as bad as that sounds (still better than them going out in the public).

Kieron2626123

Arachnosquire
Just to echo @Nightstalker47's post, please keep everything labeled properly. Many species in the hobby are muddied enough as is, we don't need more getting out. And if you do happen to have a lot of slings, I'd just let them cannibalize each other as bad as that sounds (still better than them going out in the public).
I already said I’m doing purebreds not even going to try hybrids for a very long time

esa space station

Arachnoknight
Do you have the most common variety as previously mentioned normal colouration. I agree btw on keeping the best for youself

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
This is the first time I'm hearing from Theraphosa being hybridized in Europe.
Considering the almost fanatical perspective of German breeders I very much doubt they are intentionally breeding hybrids or even considering it. Dutch breeders is a no go as well since you would be outcast if you would even mention this to anyone anywhere.

Polish breeders however... I've not heard of intentionally breeding, but if there is some mix up going on, I can see it happening there.

But if this is true, it is just a very, very small fraction of people involved. The genus is just as clear as in the US, so I don't know where @Kieron2626123 and @esa space station getting their information from. I would like to see the pages you're referring to, along with other sources to back up both your claims please...

Kieron2626123

Arachnosquire
Considering the almost fanatical perspective of German breeders I very much doubt they are intentionally breeding hybrids or even considering it. Dutch breeders is a no go as well since you would be outcast if you would even mention this to anyone anywhere.

Polish breeders however... I've not heard of intentionally breeding, but if there is some mix up going on, I can see it happening there.

But if this is true, it is just a very, very small fraction of people involved. The genus is just as clear as in the US, so I don't know where @Kieron2626123 and @esa space station getting their information from. I would like to see the pages you're referring to, along with other sources to back up both your claims please...
I said there was hybrids around and is in the wild I said I would do it but then said I wodunt because it would mess bloodlines up I had a hybrid if u look ^^^ there has been hybrids around when people didn’t kno much different tbh bloodlines in the hobby are messed up anyway u know a lot of people breed sac mates which isn’t good ? It weakens the bloodline

Plus I didn’t say anyone over here was doing hybrids just happend hen we didn’t know.....

Last edited by a moderator:

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
I said there was hybrids around and is in the wild I said I would do it but then said I wodunt because it would mess bloodlines up I had a hybrid if u look ^^^ there has been hybrids around when people didn’t kno much different tbh bloodlines in the hobby are messed up anyway u know a lot of people breed sac mates which isn’t good ? It weakens the bloodline

Plus I didn’t say anyone over here was doing hybrids just happend hen we didn’t know.....
I think I misread your posts then? You were talking about Theraphosa in the wild? I got the impression from you and @esa space station that you were talking about intentionally bred hybrid Theraphosa on mainland Europe since he posted this:
This is mainland europe they were as elusive as bigfoot now there all over the place.i hear what your saying i love the species but now theres loads of em pm me if u want i was serious about the bigfoot quote if ur into that kind of thing
Hybrids in the wild is another story, but I would be careful to throw accusations around of people intentionally breeding them ;)

Kieron2626123

Arachnosquire
I think I misread your posts then? You were talking about Theraphosa in the wild? I got the impression from you and @esa space station that you were talking about intentionally bred hybrid Theraphosa on mainland Europe since he posted this:

Hybrids in the wild is another story, but I would be careful to throw accusations around of people intentionally breeding them ;)
If u actually Read the post fully you would see I was on about when stirmi and blondi was classed the same ? Don’t come on posting here when you obv have not a clue what everyone is on about I’m on about back in the day 2009 some guy bred hybrid between blondi and stirmi he wasn’t a known guy he just bred them I’m not blaming anyone for breeding hybrids in this day and age I’m on about 10 years ago ya blonka you prob don’t even have acoustic about this sp anyway Americans usely don’t.

Kieron2626123

Arachnosquire
Why would anyone want to step on the pure breeds?
No one is going to. This post was about hybrids someone asked in nature They do exist Only a few was produced in captivity in 2009 before strimi and blondi was announced Different species But there in the same genus if there from the same locality It can be done I’m not saying it’s right to breed hybrids I just said it has been done LONG ago ofc they happen in the wild that’s how things evolve Like we did it’s just natures way of moving on and prob in the next 50 years the amazon where they live will be ripped apart so maybe only time u will see them is in captivity same with most animals.

Andrew Clayton

Arachnobaron
There are B Albo hybrids in the hobby I know that just don't see why anyone in the hobby would want to do this