Species Theraphosa blondi

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
no!
i really liked your joke!
i was complimenting you, but i guess i did a bad job of it ;)

ChrisNCT

ChrisinTennessee
Old Timer
Hello.
I thought that I would share these pics to further your need to go out and buy a T. blondi!

You know that you really need one!

Anyways...

It did a surprise molt due to not having black under the old skin. I figured that it still had some time before the next molt.

Now I am certain that it is a male by the inside of the exuvium. I am kind of depressed but I still have a nice T! Now he is close to 7"

I can't tell if it's a matured molt due to me not wanting to move it. When its up and around I'll take a peek at the palps.

Enjoy!

Last edited:

Lorgakor

Arachnomom
Staff member
Gorgeous! He even came out with a chubby rump! From the second pic where you can see his palps, he doesn't look mature. Beautiful boy though!

ChrisNCT

ChrisinTennessee
Old Timer
You can se the left rear leg is a bit smalle than the rest. It had fallen off for some reason 3 molts ago. It came back 2 molts ago but fell off again. The last two molts has had no problems staying on. I am glad to see that he still has it today!

jbrd

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
nice T.blondi you have there, mines in pre-molt and driving me nuts waiting :8o

siucfi

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Awsome pics I have a T. blondi on order and should be recieving it on teusday, I cant wait.

Nick_schembri

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Ok, she's not BIG (yet) but bigger. I recently posted about my T.blondi's butt going black from pink and finally I woke up to see her finishing her molt. She was 2.5" legspan back to front and now she's a little over 3.5". So heres a pic of her a few hours after the molt.

Attachments

becca81

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Wow!

That's an amazing growth for one molt! Very nice. :)

Mine has been a bit sluggish lately and avoided its last meal. I'm hoping for a molt soon.

siucfi

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I have a T. blondi that is currentally about 2.5in, I hope it grows that much with its next molt.

Gene

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Mine just went from that bluish stage to a georgous tan with reddish pink hair (setae) oh and it's a female. :D

Greg Wolfe

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Blondi shed...

Awesome photo! These, along with their lasiodora relatives often double in size with each shed. Your Blondi will be bigger than your hand in a few years, hang in there! {D :p

jbrd

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
nice pic of your blondi, woitin on mine to molt too.

Nick_schembri

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Thanks for your comments, now all thats left is wait for her fangs to harden so she can start eating like a pig again. Its amazing how quickly you can inflate her abdomen with food. I expected her to increase in size since I had her last molt in the container I bought her in, and it was much smaller than her.

ChrisNCT

ChrisinTennessee
Old Timer
My T. blondi male is about 7" now.
He went from saddle brown 3 molts ago and up till now black coloration. Now after his last molt..he is a very light brown tint on black body. It's interesting how each molt is different.