Thelcticopis modesta (orange huntsman)

cjm1991

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i was thinking the same thing :?

anyway, mine lived in a 1 gallon jar (rubbermaid i think) with the only decoration being a corkbark flat (and maybe some oak leaves). i misted regularly, it would drink from the walls (every morning). keep the tank damp, not wet. they seem to have a pretty high metabolism, i fed mine every 3 days. i kept it over cocoa fiber. at room temperature.

im currently raising 5 of my old females slings (she laid 2 eggsacs) in large vials with no decorations, just cocoa fiber substrate. they are about 1.5" now, grew VERY fast.
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR BEING AN ADULT AND GIVING A GREAT REPLY. Im being serious. You have any idea what size they may be? It comes in next wednesday so im trying to get all the info by then. But you just did a great job and thats all im really curious about. Ill post pics asap. Im getting a 3'' female btw.

ErikWestblom

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Can't we all just get along?
Did you notice that the thread is more than 6 months old? I think the concerned people has gotten over it by now...

But anyway, since this thread is resurrected already, would there possibly be any chance to get some pics cjm1991? :p

cjm1991

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Did you notice that the thread is more than 6 months old? I think the concerned people has gotten over it by now...

But anyway, since this thread is resurrected already, would there possibly be any chance to get some pics cjm1991? :p
Sure thing man :D
<edit>

Last edited by a moderator:

zonbonzovi

Creeping beneath you
Old Timer
Wow! That's purty. Although, I think it would look much better on top of a pancake on top of a bunny IMO. Say WHAT? Just kidding;)

ErikWestblom

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Beautiful! Still alive and healthy I take it? Has it grown any since you got it? I can image it molting once more since you got it, into maturity... about 4" leg span as adults, right? Got a juvie with about 1.5" leg span, can't wait for it to grow!

Although What made quite an ass of himself in this thread (by being rude, not by stating the obvious), I agree with him that I think you should have used the search engine before posting (or at least made it clear that you had used it, and was looking for some information from people who had had first hand experience from this or similar species).

cjm1991

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
<edit>

On another note, to anyone considering getting one of these, I say go for it. This is one of my favorite spiders for so many reasons, you wont regret it.

Draiman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Lol you guys are still at it. :wall:

Btw, cjm - that has to be the prettiest huntsman I've ever seen. :) How much did it cost you?

cjm1991

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Lol you guys are still at it. :wall:

Btw, cjm - that has to be the prettiest huntsman I've ever seen. :) How much did it cost you?
Some things never change :wall:

Only $20 back when <edit> had them, she was about 3" when I got her. She has moulted for her final time though and looks like she may give me a sac soon. I dont have a male so it will more than likely be a pointless one but oh well. She is close to 4" now and very beautiful... and FAST.

toolrick

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
@What!!!
I agree with you on the thread, but sometimes people in here gets too irritated by the answers we give.
Same happend to me a month or 2 ago in the following thread:
here
People should use the search tool before posting on new specimens, to get information on first hand.

Ricardo

cjm1991

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
@What!!!
I agree with you on the thread, but sometimes people in here gets too irritated by the answers we give.
Same happend to me a month or 2 ago in the following thread:
here
People should use the search tool before posting on new specimens, to get information on first hand.

Ricardo
I wonder why people dont like being told they are mentally cripled for not using the search key? Its easier to just post a link of the topic and say, there you go, enjoy your new pet.;P

Why bring up an issue 6 months old? Its fine with me and everyone else that agree's with him. I just would rather not insult people and call it help. To anyone reading this, if you have a new invert and have any questions about it but fear one of these people above will just insult you and call you ignorant feel free to PM me at anytime. Ill do my best to give you good advice with your new pet and make you feel welcome to the site. Thanks.

-CJM-

Deroplatys

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I really hate those <edit> who simply blurt out "Use the search feature" on forums, so once every question has been asked and answered the whole forum should be locked should it?!
Amazing spider BTW, saw some at a bug show a couple of days ago for 4 pounds, wish i got one :(

toolrick

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I really hate those <edit>who simply blurt out "Use the search feature" on forums, so once every question has been asked and answered the whole forum should be locked should it?!
Amazing spider BTW, saw some at a bug show a couple of days ago for 4 pounds, wish i got one :(
@Deroplatys:
You cannot use that language in here.
And between, if this is an informative forum, why would people repeat again and again what has been told before?

cjm1991

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
@Deroplatys:
You cannot use that language in here.
And between, if this is an informative forum, why would people repeat again and again what has been told before?
Your not a mod so why act like you enforce rules? Ive been on here longer than you.

He has an excellect point, this site is many years old and almost every question that is asked has been answered in one way or another. I suppose you enjoy being rude instead of helping people. Thats your problem not his, and how bout you drop it unless he hurt your feelings that bad.... seriously. Keep acting like that and noone will care what you have to say, like me. Whats wrong with helping someone? Why do you have to jump on the opportunity to be ignorant to someone? Says alot about your personality. Ignore list.

cjm1991

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I really hate those <edit> who simply blurt out "Use the search feature" on forums, so once every question has been asked and answered the whole forum should be locked should it?!

The next chance I get to buy a male Im jumping on it, Id love to see some spiderlings emerge from a sac.

The argueing is besides the point, if you have a problem with me rick take it to PMs where I can speak my mind, Thanks.

-CJM-

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Wow, this will be fun!

Your argument has been addressed and dismissed countless times. Here's a perfect example:

Browse the first few pages (unless you'd like to browse further) and look at all the threads that are repeat questions that could have been answered by searching. Now look at all the interesting, less common threads. The ones that actually make you think or at least arouse your curiosity. Check the post count on those threads. I bet it's a fraction of the post counts on the 'why isn't my rose hair eating' threads. Know why? The repeat threads bump the good ones down and out of the first page, so not as many people see them.

If you notice, there are few 'old-timers' still posting on the forums. They get sick of answering the same questions over and over again.

Thanks for your opinion though.

Also, there is no possible way every question will be asked. Ever. There are still too many unanswered questions for that to even be remotely possible. Problem is, people are too focused on the repeat questions to really dig down and think intellectually about it.

Your not a mod so why act like you enforce rules? Ive been on here longer than you.
So if that's true, what I say holds more weight than what you say, because I've been here longer than you.

He was pointing out the rules to someone who has obviously not read them. What's your problem with that?

I actually found this thread and thought it was pretty funny. I think they were a bit harsh with you, cjm, and I chose not to post. But after the resurrection and continuation of this argument which, to me, looks like you chose to continue (judging by the edits by moderators in almost every post of yours since it's been resurrected), I couldn't resist.

And to quote someone I know, if you guys want to continue the 'use the search' debate, PM it to me. Don't post it on here and continue to bump this thread for stupid reasons.

And to post something relevant to this thread, I bought a T. modesta a couple weeks ago and she dropped a sac for me on Wednesday, so we'll see what happens. If you're looking for slings, cjm, let me know and I'll see what I can do assuming it's a good sac and they hatch out. :)

--Joe

gecko_keeper/KBfauna

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
And to post something relevant to this thread, I bought a T. modesta a couple weeks ago and she dropped a sac for me on Wednesday, so we'll see what happens. If you're looking for slings, cjm, let me know and I'll see what I can do assuming it's a good sac and they hatch out. :)

--Joe[/QUOTE]

I will take a few if all goes well.

cjm1991

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Nicely said, it was the unwanted rudeness by What that started the whole thing but I didn't get the same impact or message from him. I understand how they are tired of answering the threads that have been answered, I had searched a little on them but wanted advice from someone who had first hand experience with tthem because you can't always go by what you read and its nice to have that extra help. Well taken though, and I hope your sac is successful :)

Deroplatys

Arachnodemon
Old Timer