TheaSpider's Photo Thread

TheaSpider

Arachnopeon
I had a couple of molts the last week, and a new(ish) addition I finally got around to snapping some shots of. Figured I should make a photo thread.

A. geniculata sling

Just about doubled in size this molt, now about 1.5"

B. smithi AF

A. metallica sub-adult female

I'm really enjoying this girl, I missed the Avic step between NW terrestrials to OW arboreals. If they're all like this lady I feel like I really missed out. She is always out, super calm with a great appetite. Plus I find her adorably fluffy.

I have a few more slings in pre-molt including my P. Metallica, I can't wait to see how much color it gets this time. Hopefully those pictures soon.

PeaceBee

Arachnoknight
Nice shots!!! :D My A. avicularia is quite docile, as well. My other Avics seem to vary in temperament :)
Loving that A. geniculata :) I can't seem to get good shots of mine yet.

MarkmD

Arachnoprince
Nice shots and lovely T's, What camera are you using? I have to take pics with my half decent 8mp phone camera that sometimes doesn't want to take them can be a nightmare lol.

TheaSpider

Arachnopeon
Nice shots!!! :D My A. avicularia is quite docile, as well. My other Avics seem to vary in temperament :)
Loving that A. geniculata :) I can't seem to get good shots of mine yet.
I'm excited for the A. geniculata to get to a size where it is a bit more photogenic, they're really lovely spiders.

Nice shots and lovely T's, What camera are you using? I have to take pics with my half decent 8mp phone camera that sometimes doesn't want to take them can be a nightmare lol.
I'm using a D3100 SLR for these photos. I can imagine that photographing Ts with a cell phone is quite the challenge.

TheaSpider

Arachnopeon
I finally got around to re-hosing my sub-adult H. Mac female "Tenzin" today. She came to me in a kritter keeper months ago and I've been meaning to move her since they're not exactly the most secure thing in the world (and ugly). I finally got a nano exo-terra tall set up for her and planted so today was moving day. I gave her a toilet paper tube with one end blocked off and waited for a few hours to see if she would adopt it on her own. She didn't but when I gently paint-brushed her in the right direction she was happy to go in there to avoid me. After she came out of the tube about an hour later. This particular specimen is so docile and easy to work with (not that I bother her more than necessary, this is the second time I've had to interact with her). She's one of my favorites since she seems to have little interest in hiding and a very mild personality for her species. And she's pretty.

She seems happy with the move since she's been out in the open since she got in there. I took the opportunity to snap a few photos of her. Not great quality since they are through glass but I wasn't about to bother her again today to try and get a better photo.

TheaSpider

Arachnopeon
Adult female C. fasciatum

Love this girl's metallic looking carapace.

She'd been webbed up in her hide for the last few weeks, I thought she might be getting ready for a molt but it seems like she was just feeling anti-social.

TheaSpider

Arachnopeon
I'm spider sitting for my friend's G. rosea for a few weeks, she's a pretty little thing. I believe she's was a Petco purchase, but a nice looking one. I've never had much interest in them, this one is rather skittish but sweet and perfect for my friend who enjoys her pet rock.

And another photo of my A. metallica because she is so darn cooperative for photos.

TheaSpider

Arachnopeon
My GBB rescue girl was feeling very bold and let me test out my new camera on her. She's currently being treated for her ridiculous mite infestation (and in quarantine of course) with predator mites. They are working, although slightly slower than I'd prefer, in the last few days she has had a definite decrease in numbers and I can see the 'good mites' on her so hopefully soon she's rid of them.

You can see them pretty clearly here, I do believe that it is a mix of good and bad mites now. They are now concentrated to her chelicerae now, which is an improvement over when she came to me and they were in every joint.

webbing

Pretty blue legs

Mike41793

Arachnoknight
Nice pics! Wait til your geniculata gets some size, you'll feeding time! :)

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk