The Slings we do......

Dilbrain

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hi Forum!
Well I'm truly bitten by the bug :wall:
6 weeks ago I bought my Blondi, some say a daft choice for a novice. But the help and info I got from this forum [ and the Tarantula store ] helped me see him through his moult, and he's doing fine. 3 weeks late I acquired a juvenile Blondi, doing great also, oh yeah I then bought a pair of beginners scorps,[Emps] great little guys.
Today I have decided on a pair of slings, I have read a heap about the care of them and will be picking your brains [ please.. :eek: ] in the future.
I have gone for the 2 that interest me the most, after Blondi's. I reckon there will be easier ones to go for but I am a stubborn little Dilbrain.
I have chosen a Citharischius crawshayi and a Poecilotheria ornata!
Both seem to be fascinating species, aggressive and the Pokie is a beautiful looking spider. I also like the idea of having an arboreal setup to consider.
It will be great to rear them from so small to huge beasts. My few weeks with the tiny Blondi has got me hooked on the idea of caring for slings.
Now heres the question....how do I tell the wife?................ :?

cheetah13mo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Man up and just tell her. If she has issues (I'm asumeing she will) with it you'll have to do some bargaining. That's how I got my 25 T's.

cheetah13mo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
That should keep you out of trouble ;) (which is key here) and she might be able to get something she wants. {D

parrington21

Arachnopeon
Give her the ''But there tiny, you wont even see them, we can keep them in the wine rack'' (thats what i used, they stayed there for a week then made a excuse that they need natural light) problem solved!!!

Mr_Baker4420

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
don't know what to tell you. my fiance loves tarantulas. just got here an a.minatrix and p.ornata for christmas. if you just share with her how passionate you are about them, they're bound to grow on her to. let her name some. that's what i did.

Lady_Bug27

Arachnopeon
Hi Forum!
Well I'm truly bitten by the bug :wall:
6 weeks ago I bought my Blondi, some say a daft choice for a novice. But the help and info I got from this forum [ and the Tarantula store ] helped me see him through his moult, and he's doing fine. 3 weeks late I acquired a juvenile Blondi, doing great also, oh yeah I then bought a pair of beginners scorps,[Emps] great little guys.
Today I have decided on a pair of slings, I have read a heap about the care of them and will be picking your brains [ please.. :eek: ] in the future.
I have gone for the 2 that interest me the most, after Blondi's. I reckon there will be easier ones to go for but I am a stubborn little Dilbrain.
I have chosen a Citharischius crawshayi and a Poecilotheria ornata!
Both seem to be fascinating species, aggressive and the Pokie is a beautiful looking spider. I also like the idea of having an arboreal setup to consider.
It will be great to rear them from so small to huge beasts. My few weeks with the tiny Blondi has got me hooked on the idea of caring for slings.
Now heres the question....how do I tell the wife?................ :?

Haha, well if she is cool with it she will probably want one as well. Just start slow and show her the bright colors and the Avic. species. That’s how I was wood into them. Also I guess give her info and show her they aren’t all that bad. After meeting Johnny_27 he got me into T's! I use to be oh so deathly afraid of anything that had more then 4 legs! John showed me the colors and gave me real information about them. He took out his Rose Hair and held her and legt her walk on me and what not. He also showed me the avics. and I died. They are cute, colorful, and best of all FUZZY! I hope this somehow helps you out. Because I am a girl and that was how I got introduced to the world of Tarantulas!

prey

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
lol

Yes, I eased my way with my wife from a G. rosea to some B. smithi slings. Then I told her I had a possible opportunity to experience breeding a "ready to rock-n-roll" pair of C. brachy's, and got those...
Beasties invevitably grow on her. "The Man Room" (my den) is quickly becoming "The Spider Room" as I anticipate m/f pairs of two more sp. soon:D

Dilbrain

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hehe

Thanks all for your advice{D
I am rehousing the Big Blondi today and will have a tank spare, the pokie and Baboon slings will be here tomorrow. I told her over breakfast...:eek:
She's cool with it :D
Also I figure that now I have some of the bigger more aggressive spiders, the smaller pretty ones won't be a problem. [ Even though the pokie will be the beauty of the bunch ]

Cheers

D