The pretty side of Rosehairs

RoachGirlRen

Arachnoangel
Old Timer

I know I have better pics of 'em somewhere, but these are the two most immediately avaiable.

Sterlingspider

Arachnobaron
Old Timer

Giganto version after jump

This is Miss Piggy, she's about five and a half inches of pure awesomesauce. She's voracious, out all the time, and a bit of a wackjob. She was one of the first Ts I picked up and still one of my very faves.

Most Ts you touch them with a paintbrush or something to scootch them away from something you need to get to... she's so inquisitive she immediately has to check out whatever I put in her cage, so I actually end up using things to lure her around to where I need her!

The first time I tried to scootch her somewhere she actually yanked the paintbrush right out of my hand!

cjm1991

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Earlier in the thread I explained why pics look like they do. I bring out all of the colors in my pics. Very nice everyone, a Rosie pic thread was needed. They havent got any attention in a while.:(

Olan

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
my female right after a molt (her front two legs were missing before the molt)

Heres my male, currently out on breeding loan

cjm1991

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Awesome, I had a king baboon missing 3 legs and they all regenerated in a molt. Very pretty rosie by the way :)

Olan

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Awesome, I had a king baboon missing 3 legs and they all regenerated in a molt. Very pretty rosie by the way :)
Thanks. She has made a great recovery. She has the most consistent appetite of any rosie I have seen, which has helped.

cjm1991

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
My rosie in my pics, and my gfs are both endless pits for crickets. I havent seen either of them not except a cricket, even before premolt.

un33dit

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Here is a pic of my Rosies getting it on! The male is making his rounds now...

Here is my daughter holding the male

-Gary

cjm1991

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Very nice pics, I have been thinking of breeding my rosies. My girlfriend and I have 2 females and a happy male but we havent got around to it yet. Its always nice to see just how docile a large T can be when kids are holding them. Its enough to be called a domestic animal I think..:p

un33dit

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Thanks cjm...It's the only T that I have that I will let my daughter hold.

-Gary

cjm1991

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Alot of the Brachypelma's are very docile also. My first T, a B. emilia that I found at a local pet store when I was around 7 or 8 was really docile and I would always handle it and watch TV with it. I loved my T, soon after that, Id say about 11 or 12 I realised that I wanted to join this awesome hobby. I just recently strolled across arachnoboards though, kinda suprising I guess but I just got my own computer about a year ago. A little off subject I just felt like venting a little. I have got my mom to handle T's, scorps, and even a few of my slower pedes.:D She's a vet and loves all animals though, big and small.

pnshmntMMA

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Thanks. It was hard but things could have always been worse.
im really sorry to hear that. but thats awesome how you made it and are alive to tell the story today. that just proves to everyone how determination can let you do anything. you had to learn to walk again, i mean thats no small undertaking, considering the act of a healthy human walking is already characterized as "a series of controlled falls" by physicists. you did it after probly months in the hospital and rehab and intense pain. i salute you my man, that is TRUE COURAGE if ive ever seen it. the story reminded me of Pee Wee's Big Adventure when he saved all those animals from the burning pet store. anyway, great looking spider and glad youre still with us!

chris

ph0bia

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I love my G.Rosea. They're not my favourite species, but I'd certainly say they're a must if only for how lovely they can be!

I can understand what the guy was saying earlier about them being inquisitive. Most people have to gently poke the spider onto their hand, my little darling crawls over to me when I put my hand in as if to say: "Are we going for a walk again, Dad?"

Yes, very cute =3