The Plan- Farewell for now...

Nomadinexile

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Well, it’s been a lot of fun, and a lot of learning, but...

I’ve been stressed out lately about a number of things, and I’m finding myself way too grouchy for my own good. So I am going to take a step back from a few things, including AB, for a while. I’m going to still be around a bit maybe, and I will still be reading stuff on here sometimes, but I’m not going to be posting much, if at all. I will be reachable by email still though. You can click on my screen name for the option.

I do want to give everyone not just a heads up about this, but a quick rundown of my future plans because they do involve AB and a lot of you on here as well! I’m not leaving the hobby, or AB., just taking a break from computers.

So I am going to finish up some already offered small trades/sales. I’m going to keep 2-5 species, mostly some slings, and not worry about collecting, trading, or sales, for a good while. :)

Then I will be getting a trumpet. I can play, but I gotta get my chops back, and practice some new songs. I will be going to Nola in the coming months. I have a couple of job options there. I’m going to try to quit smoking, and play the trumpet in my free time.
It shouldn’t take long like this, for me to save up enough for a decent video camera, bag, batteries, storage cards, etc...

After getting a decent camera of which ever sort, I will start posting again, pictures/video
at least. Hopefully I will be able to take a trip into the desert as well, to do the same. At this point, I will start saving for the store and/or trips abroad. I want to make videos and take pictures. Document life cycles, habitats, species distributions, etc. I don’t think I’ll ever be able to do that full time, but I could as vacations. On the cheap at least!

It may take a while to get a store. I’m expecting 2-4 years. But that will come one day.
I am planning for it. Displays at least, (it may have to be a mask store, with awesome scorp tanks in it), but financing is vital, and I don’t want to rush and fail. I still plan on getting an import license as well. Though I am leaning towards just importing for myself and/or a few breeders to get new species available. I don’t want to become a big wholesaler or anything. It would stay really, really small time.

That’s about it. For now, I’m going to shut myself up, and get off the computer for the most part. I’m going to make masks, listen to and play music, and read a lot.

I’ll be a lot more fun when you all hear from me again. And I should have some good video/pictures by then as well. Thanks for everyones help and knowledge you’ve shared. And sorry to anyone who saw my grouchy side. I will lighten up soon. :)

Peace, ~r

AzJohn

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Good luck, I hope to see some pictures soon.

John

Nomadinexile

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Thanks everyone! I'm going to do my best. I'm more focused than I've been in a long time. I'm going to break through or die trying. I've got some big ideas, and when I come back, I'm planning on doing it in a big way. I won't be gone too long, and I'll make sure when I do, you will all get to enjoy my presence and what I am bringing! I'm going to blow some minds sooner than later, but for now, I gotta let mine rest a bit.... :cool:

Thanks to you all, and especially AB, what a wonderful place... I will miss it and all of you, but hopefully, I will be back soon bigger and better.... ~r

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
i took a year sabbatical from all the boards and almost from the hobby... did me a WORLD of good!

i came back totally recharged and am more into everything than ever :D

good luck!

Hentzi

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Good luck pal, get everything in your head sorted will still be here :)

gromgrom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
you will be missed man

take some good pictures for us!

tabor

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
nothing wrong with taking a break. i had and bred more species of scorpions than anyone in the U.S. i have met, and had to take an entire year off (possibly more in the future). The good thing about this hobby is that if you make good friends and come back, they are very welcoming. Best of luck!

TheScorpionLord

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I hear that man and on that note (the community: you guys are awesome and you this hobby worth livin even more than one lifetime has to offer-:).)

nothing wrong with taking a break. i had and bred more species of scorpions than anyone in the U.S. i have met, and had to take an entire year off (possibly more in the future). The good thing about this hobby is that if you make good friends and come back, they are very welcoming. Best of luck!