The OFFICIAL YouTube thread for tarantula care and husbandry channels

jaycied

Arachnoknight
I pmed you and set it as my signature, hopefully it works. Thanks for the interest today guys!

Dennis Nedry

Arachnodemon
I have a juvie brachypelma boehmei I've raised from a tiny sling as well as a Grammostola pulchripes juvie raised from a tiny sling and a mature drumming Poecilotheria vittata male from a 2nd instar sling.

Does Dark Den have an email? I'm going to request some more death videos. In his last death video he said the deaths do not bother him.
So that's three that you've raised. How many have you lost in comparison?

Nada

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I had a channel that was mostly python vids. couple hundred subs and 100 or so vids
I have since deleted it, and started a new primarily tarantula channel in the last week . I do it mostly as a log. "red lotus arachnids"

Dennis Nedry

Arachnodemon
If I tell you will you send me a couple of pairs of atrax robustus with instructions on how to keep and breed them?
No longer live in Sydney and I no longer have one. Also it's illegal to export them without a mountain of paperwork. I'm done

Mentat Ix

Arachnopeon
This thread was one heck of a roller-coaster to read.

There's all kinds of stuff on The Dark Den that I don't care for. Still, I never miss an episode. Don't even know why; I just can't turn away.

I watch Tom Moran stuff sometimes when I'm bored.

I don't go in for BS drama about youtubers. I don't have the time or the energy. My 10 year old son likes to inform me what scandals various youtube stars have going on, and it makes me want to smash my head on the desk.

Dazz

Arachnopeon
I had a channel that was mostly python vids. couple hundred subs and 100 or so vids
I have since deleted it, and started a new primarily tarantula channel in the last week . I do it mostly as a log. "red lotus arachnids"
link to channel please :)

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
That's just the American/Canadian way of thinking and it's not born out by evidence. European keepers usually bring everything in from the outside - and have done for decades - without 'sanitizing' anything. And they are quite successful in keeping tarantulas and don't have more deaths than anyone else in general.
Both of those statements are unfairly presuming the actions of a few upon an entire country or culture.

cold blood

Staff member
Less stock=Healthier stock, absolutely.
Not absolutely.:meh: People with the worst "stock" usually have just one because they don't know better....many who have a lot, have them because they know how to care for them properly and do.:happy:

Rittdk01

Arachnoknight
Jon3800 and Toms big spiders are two I like. A lot of the big you tubers go for some kinda gimmick to get more views. Robc plays with ow t’s like a daredevil and the deadly tarantula girl goes for views with her thumbnail pic alone.

To even question robc or dtg’s husbandry defeats the purpose of their channels. They are purely entertainment and click bait.