The Newest member to my Clan

BLS Blondi

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
For Christmas I received a new addition to my family...here is is, Loki, the Great Dane. He is now 12 weeks old and 37.2 lbs.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Awww look at him, he's going to a big boy! Just wait till he's full grown and tries to jump in bed with you in the middle of the night!{D

arrowhd

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Thats a nice looking dog. Your dog food expenses just went up. Dramatically.

BLS Blondi

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Yeah, he eats a ton. He has been gaining 5-6 lbs. per week.

DMTWI

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Nice, we had a Dane when we were kids. I remember running in the yard around the BIG piles the dog left, don't wana step in one of them! {D

BLS Blondi

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
The picture posted was when I first got him. He was 20 lbs. I will post some updated pics. You can already see a big difference

phil jones

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
you are lucky he's your baby :) :clap: :clap: :worship: :worship: and in time he will be one bigboy i love him and i am dog lover thanks for the picts and keep us updated :drool: :drool: :} :} :) ---- phil

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
yeah... i'm probably never going to name another animal i own Loki as long as i live

we named one of my dad's dogs that... and good gods! did he ever live up to it!

i'm also staying away from the names Raven and Coyote just in case

nice looking dog, btw

kitty_b

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
that dog might as well have an exponential growth curve :eek:

OldHag

ArachnoHag
Old Timer
awww when I have enough room (not so many pets) I would like a Dane. My friend has one, hes a sweetheart!! The biggest lap dog alive!

jbrd

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Awsome dogs

This breed is my dog of choice. :D The two i have had slept and ate alot and grew as pups but once they were past 18 months they do not eat a whole lot. Hell our current female Pit Bull eats more than my adult male dane ever did. Low energy dogs so they make excellent indoor dogs.

Mina

Arachnoking
Old Timer
He is so cute!!!! How is he doing on training? How clumsy is he? I had a big dog a while ago and he grew so fast that he couldn't keep up with his own growth rate, he would trip over his own feet and fall on his face.

BLS Blondi

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
He is doing quite well so far. He is still too young for obedience training, yet he is almost completely housebroken. He knows how to sit, (and how to beg for treats--of course) and fetch, but he is starting to lose his milk teeth...yes TEETHING!!!!! This has been quite a terror, and despite the fact that he has every toy, bone, and rawhide that PetSmart has to offer, he still feels that nothing soothes his gums like the human hand. But we are working on it. I will post a new pic here real soon.