The most aggro T you can buy, is...?

Pociemon

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I think every T is to an extent defensive, just some are VERY defensive. But all can be dealt with so nobody gets hurt. It is just about giving them some respect. My C. Chrawshayi female is actually pretty calm, but my 2 mean girls are a very big Haplopelma Huwenum and my biggest Juvie T. Apophysis. Both have charged me several times, and funny thing, my apophysis have never flicked hairs, she is just bitey instead{D But she is never bald though;)

fishwithoutabik

Arachnobaron
Most definatley S. calceatum. that is the most perpetually butthurt spider I have ever seen. Fun stuff though..
That's what I figured, but my S. calceatum is fairly laid back, I kinda want to get another one and hopefully it will be evil...
My N chromatus on the other hand.....snarky, hateful, and evil. Definitely one of the most interesting ones at feeding times lol.

Arachnobrian

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
The biggest bang for the buck

The OBT takes this hands down.

Sure others may be a slight more nasty, but none are as inexpensive and readily available as the notorious OBT.

samthebugman

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I love when OBT's flip on there backs with venom runing from there fangs! My Lividum(Cobalt blue) Scares me....

But...I dont know if its just mine or what but I have a MF P.Cancerides that has tagged me a good 4 times and is always SUPER defensive.

ErgoProxy

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Count me in on that one.

...I'm anxious to see how my little ceratogyrus slings act when they get bigger. At 1.5" they're pretty serious already. I get threat displays but only from about 1" down in their burrow.
I have 3 species of Ceratogyrus at this point (C. marshalli, C. bechuanicus, and C. brachycephalus) and while they are a bit nervous/skittish, I haven't seen what would count as defensive behavior (yet...but then I don't handle the little monsters. One C. brachycephalus when I first received it did make it out of the new enclosure before I could get the lid on and all it really did was run all over my hand and eventually the tub until I guided it near a cup and caught it).

Even my big PIG GIRL, (C. marshalli) appears to be more skittish than anything else (but then maybe she's just to plump to have the fast moves now {D ).

Those are the only "baboons" I keep as I'm more of an Avic fan (for the color changes, behavior, etc), but it's practically impossible to pass up on a spider with a large horn/spike on the cephalothorax {D

JasonCrowl

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Most Vicious T

I've owned a skeleton tarantula, a king baboon and a cobalt blue....all 3 are mean.

Aurelia

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Wanna know something funny? My G. aureostriata is my most vicious killer beast. The P. irminia comes in at a close second...

hasani1408

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
my S.rubronitens is super food aggressive. my A.geniculata she throws more threat poses than my obt any day and is super food aggressive.

deez8legz

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Our juvie male H lividum tried to jump out of the 2.5 gal we had him in and run up to bite my wife's face off on several occasions. I don't tempt satan:evil: even on his good days. Perhaps the last time he tried he knew we were about to trade him and wanted to go out fighting to show us how he rolled. He took a running leap off the stove :eek: and landed on the plush rug in the kitchen before making a break for it 3ft away. He's fine and the trade went smoothly. I'll miss my little Jimmie. :(

the nature boy

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Our juvie male H lividum tried to jump out of the 2.5 gal we had him in and run up to bite my wife's face off on several occasions. I don't tempt satan:evil: even on his good days. Perhaps the last time he tried he knew we were about to trade him and wanted to go out fighting to show us how he rolled. He took a running leap off the stove :eek: and landed on the plush rug in the kitchen before making a break for it 3ft away. He's fine and the trade went smoothly. I'll miss my little Jimmie. :(
You're lying. First, this species can not jump upwards. You're making it up. If not, let's see some footage. Anyone's footage. Can't find it? That's right. It doesn't exist. I'm also highly skeptical of your tale of him leaping off the stove. Let's pretend that it did happen. Why would you put a tarantula in a position where there was even a chance it could fall off a stove? Why waste your or our time writing a story like this?

--the nature boy

p.s. I'd handle your little jimmy in a second. Don't think I couldn't do it.

7mary3

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
NB, I know you could handle his little jimmy in a second, but I don't know if that's an appropriate statement for this forum. Perhaps the wateringhole or the pit though... ;P

the nature boy

Arachnoking
Old Timer
NB, I know you could handle his little jimmy in a second, but I don't know if that's an appropriate statement for this forum. Perhaps the wateringhole or the pit though... ;P
I don't see what's wrong with a statement indicating that even a particular specimen referred to as "Satan" from a so called aggressive species can be handled and that your's truly would be happy to do so.

Vaughn

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I. Hirsutum if she was the size of a Blondie I would need a whip and a chair .

spartybassoon

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
My I. hirsutum is pretty nasty, too. However, I've never met a T who went into a threat pose from just opening a lid - it's always when I am transferring them or otherwise messing with them (for photos, etc.)

7mary3

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I don't see what's wrong with a statement indicating that even a particular specimen referred to as "Satan" from a so called aggressive species can be handled and that your's truly would be happy to do so.
Read it in a different context. I know that you've got no problem handling just about anything. But read your 'little jimmy' statement in a different context.

Strix

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
The most defensive I have is well... none right now. All of my t's don't really show any behaivor unless prodded to hell and back to see if they are hungry... except the T. blondi.... that thing is always hungry :wall:

I have 3 obt's which have never given me a problem. My biggest one LET me do cage maintenance with her out in the open and practically next to my hand. Also when she got free thanks to my cats I gently prodded her into an icu to check for any wounds... no threat displays whatsoever.

My other two obt's were being rehoused... both are about an inch or so and I had one teleport straight up my arm but that's about it.

I should be getting some interesting... ahem... defensive ones in today/tomorrow.... H. lividum, C. crawshayi and P. regalis.... hopefully all my transfers go smooth when they arrive ;P

the nature boy

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I should be getting some interesting... ahem... defensive ones in today/tomorrow.... H. lividum, C. crawshayi and P. regalis.... hopefully all my transfers go smooth when they arrive ;P
You'll do fine, just wear your chainmail.

--the nature boy

Pociemon

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I need to rehouse my big Haplopelma huwenum female next weekend, i really hope it goes smooth, but i am sure she will fight for her burrow:evil: