The Miracle of Birth Scorpion style!

Herpetologydude

Arachnosquire
Thought I'd share some pics of my P.imperator and her new family from the past 3 weeks!

The Start of it all :)

Few Hours Later

Still later

Much Much later!

Full of babies!

A few weeks later, ALL grown up and leaving momma!

Removal started!

I call these ones momma's boys! haha

Envyizm

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Awesome pics. Congrats on the brood. Did you breed her yourself or did she come wc+gravid like most female emps?

Herpetologydude

Arachnosquire
Awesome pics. Congrats on the brood. Did you breed her yourself or did she come wc+gravid like most female emps?
Well the person I bought her from claimed she was captive and knew she was gravid but I'm sure she is a WC specimen. I'm pretty adamant about not buying wild caught animals, but what can ya do.

Still super excited about the brood though!

They are already eating up shredded insects that I put in with them!

Any tips for the newborns? haha.

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Cool! I know you can raise them to adults in just delis with a feeder hole in the top. I've done it, it will seem cruel to some people but mine are fine and real healthy and you will be able to house them in a terr later, or sell them to help out on cutting down the massive export of them from Africa. I'm going to have to move to one deli size up though, these I have them in are too small now and they may have one more molt to go, hard to tell since they all just molted and haven't darkened up yet to see if the telson darkens.

racer 6

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
need a bit of help..

Hey guys.. i was just wondering if you could give me a few tips on my H. hottentotta..

so i was gone for three days, and what should i find when i come home? she's got a bunch of kids popping out of her back, some of them still encased..

right now, they're all squirming around already..so come my questions.

1. what if any of them fall off right now? is it true that the parent will consume them if that happens?

2. given that it really is time to get off mom's back. is it ok if they lived inside the same small tank?

3. how do i feed these babies?

thanks..