The Grand Hotel

DonaldJ

Arachnopeon
An ongoing work in progress, it is designed so that sections can be added or removed as needed. The bottom extension is a nearly depleted fruit fly culture and the little black dot in the center of the top chamber is an adult female Gray Cross orbweaver (Larinioides sclopetarius).

sample.png

DonaldJ

Arachnopeon
What's a "bong?"

I kid, I kid! Anything can be a bong if you're brave enough but this could be daunting because of the size. This new pic can give you a better idea and, lacking a banana, there is a classic vinyl LP for scale.

Hotel2.png

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
Some jumping spiders may have fun exploring someething such as this I think.

DonaldJ

Arachnopeon
So the serious question: How does it work?
Better than expected, and thanks for asking!

All seriousness aside, as stated previously this is a work in progress. I've already switched things around and relocated the spider in order to remove her latest egg sac for placement in a separate container. It's part of the process of design, try, fail, iterate, and repeat as necessary. Getting close though, and now I can begin to simplify everything. But if you get down to it, I'm just screwing around, having fun melting plastic and playing with possibly dangerous tools. I think it was the Jefferson Airplane who once said something like "Everything we do stinks and makes noise." True 'dat.

DonaldJ

Arachnopeon
Some jumping spiders may have fun exploring someething such as this I think.
Possibly, but I don't know the environmental needs of the jumpers but there should be plenty of space for them to leap about. With the modular design it should be easy enough to provide substrate or internal structures as needed. Easy to take apart for cleaning and maintenance, too. Why not give it a try?