The Giants Thread: Show Them Off

mrbonzai211

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I just got back into the hobby so all my giants have been sold for a while (like my Heterometrus sp. and L. parahybana), but in celebration of me coming back I wanted to give everyone the opportunity to compile a thread of pictures of everyones largest invert. While I mostly mean T's, any invert will do.

Hope to see some cool stuff soon!!!!!

P.S. anyone from cincinnati ever go to cin city reptile and invert expo at King's Island? Planning on heading there next month for some T pickups.

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
here is my 7 1/2-8" Lasiodora parahybana....she a gentle giant...and even after her last molt was still overly fat...

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
here is my 7 1/2-8" Lasiodora difficilis....picture doesnt do her justice though....and welcome back to the hobby....

mrbonzai211

Arachnobaron
Old Timer

This rare strawberry hermic crab was a little over tennis ball sized. Very large and approximately 15 years old depending on growth factors.

This was my HUGE gravid H. laoticus. She popped about 21 scorplings shortly after this pic. With tail folded, she was about the size of my hand.

PitViper

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
The biggest T currently in my collection, my 7" P. Regalis female, at least until my T. Blondi and X. Intermedia grow up.

ZergFront

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
P.irminia is my biggest until my L.violaceopes and P.regalis youngins grow up. {D

afs rock

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
here is my H.pertsii male

He's about 6 in. and is still a sub-adult.

Meecht

Arachnosquire
I just went to the Cin City Reptile Expo this month, and it was fairly slim pickings on the inverts.

One vendor had several what-I-assumed-to-be WC tarantulas (I forgot to ask them). These were labeled "goliath bird eater," "cobalt blue," "salmon pink bird eater," and several rose hairs. I assume they were WC due to their size and the number of specimens present (4-5 goliaths, 1-2 cobalts, 1 salmon pink, and 8-10 rose hairs).

Another vendor had some red trapdoor spiders, emperor scorpions, tailless whip scorpions, and some "thai tiger" tarantulas (his words, not mine). I think all these (except maybe the scorpions) were WC, too. He also sold various species of frogs.

Then there was another vendor who had CB slings. He had some G. pulchripes, A. versicolors, some "chaco striped knee," and a 2" G. pulchra. When I mentioned I was looking for a GBB, he said he didn't deal with aggressive/defensive Ts :wall: . When I mentioned that I thought GBBs were mainly more skittish, he added that he didn't like fast Ts, either :? .

Other than those three vendors, I didn't see a lot of other inverts. The rest of the show was mainly snakes and geckos.

PitViper

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Looks to me like a T Stirmi / burgandy, no hair on patella

PitViper

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
looks to me like you are right I didn't, lol, overlooked the "Not", just used to people posting stirmis under blondis, lol