The better to web you with.

Arachninja

Arachnopeon
Recently I have added a one too three inch layer of spaghnum moss to most of my T enclosures. The ones who have it all used it in their burrows and even in their arboreal tunnel/slings. They seem to keep a better consistency than those without and when mixed with peat moss it seems to keep moisture moderate without having problems drying as pure coconut husk has seemed to. Anyone have any negatives to this or should I just go ahead and add some to all My T's enclosures as I like the look, and the T's seem to enjoy the extra consistency.

spiderengineer

Arachnoangel
I love peat moss, I use nothing but peat moss for my burrowing species. It maintain humidity so well and makes for the perfect substrate in construction of burrows. If I had one bad thing about peat moss is mushrooms. while not that big of a deal and not toxic they do pop up now and then or you get a big batch of them so that can be annoying. unfortunately the spores are in the substrate beforehand, so its something you have to deal with. Its not like I get them in all my tanks, but there is two tanks that seem to have them in their, while the rest have never had mushrooms appear so I will probably switch them out. Other than that I love peat moss!