The best babboon

MrsHaas

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
What is your favorite baboon and y? I'm trying to decide...

MrsHaas

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I already have baboons I am just generating conversation

--J.Haas

gobey

Arachnoknight
Heteroscodra.

Because I only have 2 species of baboons and the other is OBT. And they don't win.

My biggest H. mac sling though is one of the most interesting tarantulas I've had tthe pleasure of raising. Great animal.

Plus those adult colors.

I want a Ceratogyrus. In fact I want 2

ArborealKing

Arachnopeon
Encyocratella olivacea, really pretty and fairly unique looking, web well. Doesn't bolt either, if mine feels threatened she will retreat or stand her ground, but never bolts.

LythSalicaria

Arachnosquire
I don't have any baboons at the moment, but if only for looks I love Ceratogyrus species (they're Unicorns! :D), and Pterinochilus lugardi.

truecreature

Arachnoknight
I think the M. balfouri is the prettiest, but I also love the horned baboons - it's so unique.

cold blood

Staff member
Now I've only kept like 6 species and like them all.

I see A. ezendami by far the least, cool t, but as slings they are skittish as anything and not the best eaters....growth is moderate. I do love the look my 3.5" one has, great carapace and the dot pattern on the rump is cool. I also really like the turrets they build, very interesting.

P. muticus may be my favorite, but its appetite is only what I would call moderate and it likes to hide, although I do see it when its hungry. Super-cool baboon though...nothing has freakish back legs like they do and their color is quite pleasing to me. And boy, do they create one heck of a system of tunnels...very interesting.

C. darlingi is also great, but my fav may be C. marshalli. One of the best eating slings I've ever raised, they attack prey with reckless abandon, even at tiny sizes....they make great burrows, but I see them most of the time...good webbers as well....I guess i'll give marshalli my vote.

There are several I'd love to have, like H. pulchripes, H. marksi, E. olivacea, P. lugardi, and H. gabonesis (if I spelled that right).

For some reason M. balfouri doesn't really do much for me....I cannot explain why.

Last edited:

BobGrill

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
H.maculata
OBT
C.darlingi/marshalli
S.calcaetum
M.balfouri

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Of course the winner for me is the gentle giant, the cute and lovely King Baboon! :)

El Consciente

Arachnopeon
My P. muticus is still a sling, but it's completely insane - highly active, almost always out in the open - already bolted on me once during cage maintenance, neurotic, terribly uncooperative...

I love it :roflmao:

johnny quango

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I currently only have 2 in my collection and they are H villosella and E constrictus. The constrictus is only a sling so it's character is only just starting to show and the villosella is an adult female that I hardly ever see but she is beautiful

King Sparta

Arachnosquire
Definitely OBT. I dunno about anyone else, but I like big, aggressive and colourful Ts. OBT fits into all category. Adequate size, VERY aggressive and a stunning orange. Too bad I cant get one yet. Too fast, aggressive and my parents wont allow medically significant Ts in the house. Lol.
-King Sparta

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
True, OBT'S are the quintessence of baboons. Only that they are not so big. Seems that the only giant baboons are the lovely Pelinobius muticus and the Hysterocrates gigas - Hysterocrates hercules.