That beautiful Chilean T you wanted ....

Ratmosphere

Arachnoking
Wish I was that grandma! And to kill it with boiling water, c'mon now grams...

cold blood

Staff member
I dont know what i found....must kill it.

Gawd i hate that mentality.

How come a t keeper never finds such a thing? Its always the "kill it" people that get these surprises.

I would have been so thrilled i would have bought the rest of the stores grapes that day just in case...and i dont even like grapes very much.

Last edited:

Tim Benzedrine

Prankster Possum
Old Timer
I dont know what i found....must kill it.

I would have been so thrilled i would have bought the rest of the stores grapes that day just in case...and i dont even like grapes very much.
Wow. You must really like that species. Have any idea how many of those that the retail cost of a shipment of grapes would be?
Er...actually I don't know either, it might be a great bargain as long as you scored ten or more spiders. :D

"Hey gramma! My friend Timmy's tarantula died today and he gave it to me!"

"Give that disgusting thing to me! Hmmm. What should I do with it?" <Looks at the newly purchased package of grapes on the counter. Lightbulb lights up> "I have an idea."

That's probably not what happened, but it isn't that far-fetched. There have been reports of hitchhikers concealed in produce, so it is not entirely out of the question. On the other hand, it would be a bit more credible if it had been discovered BEFORE opening the product.

Dandrobates

Arachnoknight
This is the second time this week some bozo has mentioned the tarantula’s ability to “shoot spikes.” My head is getting sore from all the facepalms.

Michael Livote

Arachnosquire
Arachnosupporter
Sigh........That grandma looked scarier than that poor little guy/gal.......

Last edited:

Aarantula

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
If I handed those grapes to my kids, my 5 year old would have wanted to hold the T while she ate the grapes.

Boiling it!? Like... come on GamGam!

And yeah, watch out for those “shooting spikes”. FFS..

NYAN

Arachnoking
This is the second time this week some bozo has mentioned the tarantula’s ability to “shoot spikes.” My head is getting sore from all the facepalms.
They can though! They have these little blow-dart guns and they shoot spikes out of them. They even have 8 legs to hold one each! Scary!

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
My kids would have been like, "Grapes AND a new pet?! You're the best!"

Ugh, that T was so beautiful and so innocent and PEOPLE SUCK.

Rigor Mortis

Arachnobaron
I feel like this is a prime example of how little to no education on arachnids in general leads to people mindlessly killing them. Had this woman not been conditioned to fear spiders and maybe had she learned at LEAST that most spiders are harmless, this could have been avoided. But no it's a spider so it comes from hell and it wants to kill me and also my grandchildren and also take over the world, so it has to die right now.

NYAN

Arachnoking
I feel like this is a prime example of how little to no education on arachnids in general leads to people mindlessly killing them.

Absolutely. These people are often the ones who know nothing about spiders or their local fauna in general. Everything to them is a poisonous insect which is a threat to their children and pets. It’s pretty pathetic.

It would be nice if in school people are required to take some sort of class to educate them about animals.

But no it's a spider so it comes from hell and it wants to kill me and also my grandchildren and also take over the world, so it has to die right now.
Honestly I can’t even tell if this is satire or not. Did you copy this from some lady’s Facebook post?

Asgiliath

Arachnobaron
Ah...Fox News. I love this headline recommended in the article though

3A4462E5-CDCD-428D-8649-2965A85BF2E1.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator: