thank you for this morning

frankinthecity

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
First let me ask you:

Does this tarantula seems to be in trouble??

I honestly thought it was, and maybe it was, maybe not, ill explain later in this post what i did, you can throw rocks at me and crucify me if it makes your ego feel better

those who are familiar with the next screenshot properly helped me this morning on the facebook group

I want to say THANK YOU for the incredible support i received from my post this morning on facebook, i was a bit panicking

So i read a lot about screen lid for arboreals and from my researches, i concluded that screen lid was ok, first you need to know that my T was in premolt since 2 weeks, so i wake up this morning i see 3 legs stuck in the lid, i decided to free it from the lid. and lay it on the plant, and the spider was unresponsive, i thought, maybe it is exhausted from trying to free itself all night from the lid... i return to the spider 10 minute later, it started to molt.... then the help from facebook group really KICKED IN, again thank you so much!!!!

here it is, hiding in the corner fully detached from the exuviae

and as promised, FINALLY a beer, cheers!!!

Campi95

Arachnosquire
First let me ask you:

Does this tarantula seems to be in trouble??

I honestly thought it was, and maybe it was, maybe not, ill explain later in this post what i did, you can throw rocks at me and crucify me if it makes your ego feel better

those who are familiar with the next screenshot properly helped me this morning on the facebook group

I want to say THANK YOU for the incredible support i received from my post this morning on facebook, i was a bit panicking

So i read a lot about screen lid for arboreals and from my researches, i concluded that screen lid was ok, first you need to know that my T was in premolt since 2 weeks, so i wake up this morning i see 3 legs stuck in the lid, i decided to free it from the lid. and lay it on the plant, and the spider was unresponsive, i thought, maybe it is exhausted from trying to free itself all night from the lid... i return to the spider 10 minute later, it started to molt.... then the help from facebook group really KICKED IN, again thank you so much!!!!

here it is, hiding in the corner fully detached from the exuviae

and as promised, FINALLY a beer, cheers!!!

I’m glad you reached out for help and I am glad your Avic molted safely.

I gotta say, your thread on FB kept my morning interesting XD

cold blood

Staff member
For all those screaming about how screens being safe for arboreals and "they don't get stuck"...this is the second thread, where the exact same thing happened with an avic trying to molt, stuck to a screen. It keeps happening, and its 100% avoidable.

Op, I don't know what you expected to be crucified for, but all you did was save the t and learn a housing lesson. Nice save, glad the t survived!

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
So i read a lot about screen lid for arboreals and from my researches, i concluded that screen lid was ok,
3 things:

1. You did a great job in saving your Ts life.
2. You didn't read nearly enough about screen lids.

3. I hope you change the screen out for acrylic, otherwise you have learned nothing, and your T will pay with its life for your laziness