Temperature on the surroundings affect the adaptaion of ts?

Gener

Arachnopeon
hi again! can i ask? does cold/hot temperature affect the adaptation of the ts? i've already rehouse my gbb. but its outside because of my wife didnt want it inside.. its rainy season here at the philippines. does it affect my ts? its been a few weeks since i got her. but still no sign of intrested on food and make a webbing. i already gave her a anchor to web on. but still she stay in the same place since i transfer her. and does the glass enclosure is hotter than the arcylic ones? because my gbb and pmetallica, i rehouse them both on the same time and same place. but the enclosure are not same. pmet were at the glass then the gbb were on the arcylic... i didnt get it.. my pmet already adjust and feeding and now its on premolt. but my gbb still dont eat or webb at all... thankyou. its kinda long question

Attachments

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
The Philippines is a death trap for GBBs. The high humidity will more than likely have a detrimental effect on your T. I advise keeping it inside the driest area of your home.

boina

Lady of the mites
Kezy is right, a GBB needs really, really dry conditions. It will most likely not survive the rainy season and most definitely not outside.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Yes

A GBB lives in very xeric conditions. I can't say it will die, wouldn't surprise me if it did, or not. After all people keep Avics in dry climates successfully, yet they are from rainforests and/or very humid areas.

However, this doesn't mean it will work for your GBB. Keep us posted.

Gener

Arachnopeon
Yes

A GBB lives in very xeric conditions. I can't say it will die, wouldn't surprise me if it did, or not. After all people keep Avics in dry climates successfully, yet they are from rainforests and/or very humid areas.

hoping it adjust to its enviroment real soon :( its been 2 weeks. no sign of eating or webbing. just walking around and sitting

Yes

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
hoping it adjust to its enviroment real soon :( its been 2 weeks. no sign of eating or webbing. just walking around and sitting
Please try to get it inside. Tell your wife that keeping it outside in your climate is likely a death sentence for this species.