Tarantulas water bowl

ArachnidAB

Arachnopeon
Hi all, so I've had my acanthoscurria geniculata for just under a year now and he's grown to about 1.5 inches, so I feel like the bottle cap I have in the enclosure for it is probably a little small now, I have brought home some take away sauce pots from the restaurant I work for however It is bigger that the tarantula, as in his leg span wouldn't fit over it, but not by much, should I risk it and put it in or find something a bit smaller to use, he's was my first tarantula I don't want him to drown TIA

SuzukiSwift

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
That size will work fine as long as there is enough space left in the enclosure for the T to do T things. It would be very difficult for a tarantula to drown, you don’t need to worry about that.

Again sounds fine but if you’re really worried about it then send a pic of the enclosure with the larger water bowl and we can have a look

ArachnidAB

Arachnopeon
That size will work fine as long as there is enough space left in the enclosure for the T to do T things. It would be very difficult for a tarantula to drown, you don’t need to worry about that.

Again sounds fine but if you’re really worried about it then send a pic of the enclosure with the larger water bowl and we can have a look
Here's them in comparison

Attachments

SuzukiSwift

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Oh yeah thats no problem, good size. Dig it in deep into the substrate so the T can access it easily.

That’s a really cute genic, I lost my adult female a couple of years ago, was thinking of getting a grown one but seeing this makes me think of getting a juvie instead =)

ArachnidAB

Arachnopeon
Oh yeah thats no problem, good size. Dig it in deep into the substrate so the T can access it easily.

That’s a really cute genic, I lost my adult female a couple of years ago, was thinking of getting a grown one but seeing this makes me think of getting a juvie instead =)
I know out off all of my T's it's my favourite, he's unbelievably calm as Well, I've never had a problem with him, I would 100% recommend

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
Double it so that when the dish gets gunky you can throw it out and replace it with a new one easily. The bottom one will already be there to maintain the form in the substrate.