1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tarantulas water bowl

Discussion in 'Tarantula Chat' started by ArachnidAB, Jul 2, 2019.

1. ArachnidAB

ArachnidAB Arachnopeon

England
    Advertisement
    Hi all, so I've had my acanthoscurria geniculata for just under a year now and he's grown to about 1.5 inches, so I feel like the bottle cap I have in the enclosure for it is probably a little small now, I have brought home some take away sauce pots from the restaurant I work for however It is bigger that the tarantula, as in his leg span wouldn't fit over it, but not by much, should I risk it and put it in or find something a bit smaller to use, he's was my first tarantula I don't want him to drown TIA

2. That size will work fine as long as there is enough space left in the enclosure for the T to do T things. It would be very difficult for a tarantula to drown, you don’t need to worry about that.

Again sounds fine but if you’re really worried about it then send a pic of the enclosure with the larger water bowl and we can have a look

3. ArachnidAB

ArachnidAB Arachnopeon

England
    Here's them in comparison

Attached Files:

4. Mirandarachnid

Mirandarachnid Arachnobaron Active Member

Texas
    That's perfectly fine, tarantulas float, so there's no need to worry about them drowning :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. ArachnidAB

ArachnidAB Arachnopeon

England
    Okay thank you so much for the help :)

6. Mirandarachnid

Mirandarachnid Arachnobaron Active Member

Texas
    You bet.

Make sure you dig it into the substrate so that the edge of the cup is on the same level as the surface of the sub, it'll be a lot easier for the T to get a drink.

7. ArachnidAB

ArachnidAB Arachnopeon

England
    Thank you for the tip I'll make sure I do that :)

8. Oh yeah thats no problem, good size. Dig it in deep into the substrate so the T can access it easily.

That’s a really cute genic, I lost my adult female a couple of years ago, was thinking of getting a grown one but seeing this makes me think of getting a juvie instead =)

9. ArachnidAB

ArachnidAB Arachnopeon

England
    I know out off all of my T's it's my favourite, he's unbelievably calm as Well, I've never had a problem with him, I would 100% recommend

10. The Grym Reaper

The Grym Reaper Arachnotank Arachnosupporter

Not a problem, I use shave gel/deodorant caps (obviously you should wash them thoroughly before using if you do this) for juvies and I've never had an issue with the dish being larger than the spider.

Tarantulas are very difficult to drown.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. VanessaS

VanessaS Grammostola Groupie Arachnosupporter

DSC01350-2.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  12. ArachnidAB

ArachnidAB Arachnopeon

England
    Hi just a quick question what's the name of the red and black T (last picture)

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Andrew Clayton

Andrew Clayton Arachnobaron Active Member

Click on the picture and see lol

14. ArachnidAB

ArachnidAB Arachnopeon

England
    Lol thanks

15. Drizzliz

Drizzliz Arachnopeon

It has already been said, but a picture is worth a thousand words so...

• Like Like x 5
    • Love Love x 1
  16. darkness975

darkness975 dream reaper Arachnosupporter

Double it so that when the dish gets gunky you can throw it out and replace it with a new one easily. The bottom one will already be there to maintain the form in the substrate.