Tarantulas on SyFy's Face Off

T-ray

Arachnopeon
So one of the teams in tonights challenge picked an H. lividum, but I thought I saw a different tarantula. Did anyone else catch the episode and possibly what the 2nd T was?

From Tapatalk on Epic 4G

Dr Acula

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Is the name of the episode "dangerous beauty"? If so, it's coming back on in an hour. I won't be up to watch it but I'm definitely recording it!

T-ray

Arachnopeon
That's the one! I always get excited seeing tarantulas on the tv...lol.

From Tapatalk on Epic 4G

Dr Acula

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
How far into the show do they bring out the "H lividum"? I missed the whole episode :wall:

HaloLight

Arachnopeon
I saw one H.Lividum but there was something hanging on the side of the tank that had an arboreal shape to it.

PitViper

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I just finished the rerun and all I have to say is Fail, I didn't expect much from the beginning though, but that was beyond bad.

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
yeah kinda horrible... didnt look like a spider at all imo... i did see the cobalt, however, i was curious as to why it was on glass... or was that the diff t..

PitViper

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
yeah kinda horrible... didnt look like a spider at all imo... i did see the cobalt, however, i was curious as to why it was on glass... or was that the diff t..
Yeah I'm also curious why a burrowing species was set-up as arboreal. I could see putting them in something with little substrate just for the show so that they can be seen, but a large pokie tank? Really?

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
my thoughts exactly... i DO like the show though, they do tons of cool stuff

T-ray

Arachnopeon
Yeah the final outcome from the team that picked the lividum was pretty bad. I was so busy trying to see what tarantulas there were, by the time they said cobalt blue I didn't remember what kind of enclosures they had them in. I'll have to rewatch if I remember to record a rerun.

From Tapatalk on Epic 4G

captmarga

Arachnobaron
Well, I guess I'll have to watch at least that episode. I hate the "reality" game shows. I stopped watching when they kicked Nix off. The very next episode was to be body paint, and he's one of the best. I work part-time in the haunt industry, and while it may be fun to watch at times, I know exactly what it takes to go into some of those works.

Marga