Tarantulas on DVD

VenomousFangs

Arachnopeon
With Christmas coming up I thought I'd treat myself so last week I ordered 2 Tarantula DVD's from Amazon.co.uk and thought I'd give them a mention here with a quick review.*

The 1st is:
A Guide To Keeping Tarantulas ...with Della Golding (Wild Pet TV) this one is ok for those considering getting a T for a pet or for new first time keepers that don't have the TKG or other books to go on as it's very basic, needs to be more informative and for beginners they should not just follow the DVD but refer to other sources aswell. It's way beyond my level and the level of most on the boards, but at 45mins viewing time for £5 is it worth it? Yes if I would have brought it when I got my first T's but now No as I if I had the equipment I could probally make one just as good if not better.

The 2nd is:
World's Most Dangerous Animals 'Tarantulas' (Discovery/Animal Planet) this one is a must have for all T keepers. 55mins of pure Gold at £6, it's focus is on the New World Species and features some amazing close up footage of kills, mating, molting and slings. Some sences are quite graphic and upsetting when you see a T being killed by other animals but that just a part of nature in the wild. It's very informative and highly recommended also features a few true spiders only thing is that it doesn't feature Old World Species. But hunt it down and buy it you'll want to watch it over and over again.

If anyones knows of any other educational DVD's that feature T's could you please mention them but not any dumb hollywood movies only the educational ones, thanks

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
thanks for the reviews on the movies... the 2nd movie sounds pretty cool.. may check it out

jungalist86

Arachnopeon
i brought the first one i agree with what you say,the second one sounds good i didnt see that on there,ill have a better look thanks

boxofsorrows

Arachnopeon
Debenhams have the box set of 4 discs including Tarantula's for £8 and there's a promo code "CH97" for 10% off - it's free postage too!

Slevin

Arachnosquire
Is it only in the PAL format? I can't seem to find it on Amazon.com or any other American site =(

boxofsorrows

Arachnopeon
I can see a triple set on amazon.com, but it doesn't include the Tarantula's disc if you search on just "Worlds most dangerous animals", so they're probably out there somewhere, there weren't that many sellers with it over here mind.