Tarantula Venom Can Cause Death Yes or No

Yes or No

• Total voters

Sheri

Arachnoking
Old Timer
blacktara said:
I'll get back to you if I uncover more on the mamba case report series, but if you get the chance, ask your friend. Being from there, he may have an easier time tracking down the reference
I'll call him on Friday and let you know what the condition is called - then I am sure it will make a lot more sense!

Thanks for all the info!
Sheri

blacktara

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
About the why of Atrax venom

I pm'd a member named Steve Nunn, who appears to be one of the experts on Aussie nasties. Hoping he'll reply and curious as to his thoughts. Also hoping Crotalus replies with his thoughts

Rico

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My vote on this whole thing is sure why not. Today I was showed my grandma what happened when rosie molted. She thought it was a live T, damn near had a heart attack!! So I figure if grandma had a T run up her leg and bite her could she kick the bucket?? I would say its possible. The toxins in the venom, combined with her high blood preassure and just being 86 years old in general could kill her. I'm not gonna test out that theory and toss my obt on her, but I think it could happen.

Crotalus

Arachnoking
Old Timer
blacktara said:
Is when you start to ask "Why"
No one knows for sure why its more toxic to primates then for ex a cat. But some of these spider prey upon millipeds and the venom are indeed very effective against those so perhaps they evolved a venom that was particular effective against one prey source, the millipeds, and that the primate effect is purely a fluke. But no one knows for sure.

/Lelle