User Tarantula Pictures by SkatesSpidersStories

SkatesSpidersStories

Arachnopeon
43AD242E-5523-4191-A6B7-9B0AD8C6E16E.jpeg A02BBD3C-DBD2-4729-8C8E-65385C6F77C6.jpeg I’m brand new to this hobby! Meet my first T, Sif the lovely Desert Blonde! She’s very docile and seems to tolerate handling very well (though I don’t do so frequently).

SkatesSpidersStories

Arachnopeon
A chalcodes are wonderful tarantulas!
Everyone I know who’s had one says as much. Sif is no exception. She really is a prize! ^_^

Can’t wait to get a nicer enclosure for her! Really want to have the happiest pets, including her. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Vanisher

Arachnoking
Old Timer
They can be a kind of pethole, but thats the way they live! When they do appear, its worth the wait!

Vanisher

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Well, i have had a female and some juveniles back in the day, and all of them dug a deep burrow if given deep enough substrate, and that is highly advised!

Chlosephine

Arachnopeon
View attachment 299569 View attachment 299570 I’m brand new to this hobby! Meet my first T, Sif the lovely Desert Blonde! She’s very docile and seems to tolerate handling very well (though I don’t do so frequently).
What a pretty A. Chalcodes! I love my desert blonde! She is definitely the sweetest and out of her hide the most. Plus a stunning spider, good choice. Lol you're going to want more!

Attachments

SkatesSpidersStories

Arachnopeon
What a pretty A. Chalcodes! I love my desert blonde! She is definitely the sweetest and out of her hide the most. Plus a stunning spider, good choice. Lol you're going to want more!
Ooh! Yours is very pretty too! Does she have a name? And yes, definitely want more.

Minty

@londontarantulas
You'll probably already know this, but don't handle. It's an uncecessary, selfish, risk for the tarantula.

SkatesSpidersStories

Arachnopeon
You'll probably already know this, but don't handle. It's an uncecessary, selfish, risk for the tarantula.
I did mention that I have done so very rarely, and also very carefully. I never plan to make it a habit though. I do appreciate the reminder though. We all want happy, stress-free critters!

EtienneN

Arachno-enigma
Mine has excavated several holes in its substrate, and it sits in either one of the two main holes during the day. Blondie only goes inside the hide when I open the cage to clean substrate out of the water dish.