Tarantula News

Rigor Mortis

Arachnobaron
I thought this headline was so stupid. The driver caused the crash. Saying the spider caused the crash just makes arachnophobes feel validated in hating spiders because they're not gonna READ the article. :meh:

Introvertebrate

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter
They probably slammed on the brakes because they didn't want to run over it, not because they were scared of it. Around here, people slow down for squirrels, ducks, deer, etc.

Last edited:

jbooth

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
Each person that rear-ended another car, unless they were rear-ended forcing them into another car first, caused the crash... Still pretty dang funny. Welcome them to the USA where guns kill people, spoons make you fat, diseases cause shutdowns, and tarantulas cause wrecks, please leave your personal responsibility at the door :lol:

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer

Introvertebrate

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter
I suspect that if you grew up in Switzerland, seeing a tarantula in the wild is something very special and exotic. You don't want to kill it.

Matt Man

Arachnoprince
I live in SoCal, I get to see wild species all the time. I still try to avoid them.

TechnoGeek

Arachnosquire
You can say a deer caused a crash, I can believe that.. but saying a tarantula caused the crash is dumb and stupid.. the driver didn't react right and that's what caused the crash. We all make mistakes, and I hope everyone makes full recovery, but don't pin the blame on the spider 🙄