tarantula has trouble hunting

Harry

Arachnopeon
It has been more than a week and my G.rosea has hardend, but the crickets won't go near herand she is eating cricket parts wrapped up in webbing.

SpiderTwin

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
How big is your G. rosea?
Depending on the size of the T, it could be more than a week before they are eating again. Don't worry, give it a little more time and your T should get back into it's normal routine.

Maggie

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Disable the crickets...or you could give waxworms or mealworms. Whe I give mealworms, I usually crush the head so they cant burrow into the substrate. Good luck.:)

vulpina

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
It just might need a little more time, a T knows when it is ready to hunt again.

Andy

Diao

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My rosie doesn't eat a month and a half before she molts, and doesn't eat after for 1 1/2-3 weeks. Don't be worried if she won't tackle a cricket just yet, I'm sure she's fine.

Harry

Arachnopeon
food

thanks for all your suggestions. My t ate a ckicket only before she ate the cricket I had found the cricket hanging upside down on the celing of her log using only a few feet and the rest of the feet were hanging limp from the cricket's body. I wasn't there to see the tarantula eat the cricket. Anyway I'm worried if the cricket was poisond by something other than t venom.