Tarantula Handling, Day or Night?

Tmobo

Arachnopeon
Since t's are nocturnal hunters would it be easier to handle them at night or day? During the night they are more active and searching for prey and
in the day they would much rather sleep or rest. So would you rather hold one when it wants to hunt or when its grumpy and wants to sleep?

le-thomas

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
It depends on the species but I always recommend to never handle a tarantula. That said, any time of the day should be the same as any other time of the day, though I don't know for sure.

James501

Arachnopeon
I think it depends on temperament... With some species being defensive etc. The only advice I've had with regards to handling is to read the Tarantulas body language, nobody knows your T's better than you. :)

Kayota

Arachnopeon
Yeah I mean I'm a noob and all but it seems like there's not a clear cut answer to this and you should just temperament test first a few times with a paint brush. But I don't even have a T yet so what do I know :p

SamuraiSid

Arachnodemon
I agree with everyone else. For me, if I choose to handle, its not the time of day but the t's mood right before picking it up that counts.

RyTheTGuy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Agree, the time of day does not matter. Its the mood of your tarantula. My B.smithi is a sweetheart and doesnt mine being picked up for a picture here or there and I would never try to hold my P. cambridgei. It just matters on the T.

kinglaz85

Arachnopeon
I've handle my T's day and night before but it always cause of rehousing my them.I try not to handle them much....just my 2¢

Tmobo

Arachnopeon
Just the point i'm trying to get at is if anyone has had different experiences with day or night and would it really affect their temperment? I'm not saying you should and I think everyone has their opinions on handling. Just trying to pick some brains.

Ahmet29992

Arachnopeon
Just the point i'm trying to get at is if anyone has had different experiences with day or night and would it really affect their temperment? I'm not saying you should and I think everyone has their opinions on handling. Just trying to pick some brains.
Never really noticed any difference between day/night handling.

SamuraiSid

Arachnodemon
I've never noticed a difference.

Vilurum

Arachnosquire
Id rather hold in the day when there is better light to see in and I am more aware.

le-thomas

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I still honestly do not understand the desire to handle tarantulas, centipedes and scorpions. Day or night should be more of a worry about how YOU are during that time than the tarantula. Testing its mood is always a good thing to do.