Old Timer
Psalmopoeus irminia

Grammastola aureostriata

Chilobrachys huahini

Avicularia versicolor

Cooper

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Great enclosures guys. It won't be long until I post my communal P. regalis planted/waterfall setup :p

Can't wait.

Joe1968

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
nice enclosure Gesticulator. I also used those pretzel containers, in fact I just made a setup for my H. gigas I filled it up with peatmoss leaving about 6'' from the top. I have another one that is larger that I will convert to an aboreal setup.

helpful hint:

To remove the sticky label, try scrubbing off the label with dishwashing soap and water, all of it will not come off but do the best you can. then I use Brasso (brass polishing stuff), this will remove the rest of the sticky stuff, works great.

Gesticulator

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
helpful hint:

To remove the sticky label, try scrubbing off the label with dishwashing soap and water, all of it will not come off but do the best you can. then I use Brasso (brass polishing stuff), this will remove the rest of the sticky stuff, works great.
I tried to remove the label on another jar, but decided it was far easier to leave it alone. Couldn't get the glue off!!!

Last edited:

Cooper

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Thank you Mizm, I was just tryint to get em all into one thread ;)

You still owe me that prom date remember :p

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
Cooper said:
Thank you Mizm, I was just tryint to get em all into one thread ;)

You still owe me that prom date remember :p
OMG, you NEVER forget, do you??{D What a memory! I'm still looking for that frilly pink dress.... {D

Cooper

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
For you or me? HAHAHA :p

I have a memory like an elephant ;)

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
Cooper said:
For you or me? HAHAHA :p

I have a memory like an elephant ;)
Hmmm, can't see a quarterback in a pink, frilly dress. :eek: Oh wait, basketball players wear them!!

Rounder

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Here is an enclosure I made for my 2.5" P. regalis last night, I've had the components to put this together for a while but just haven't found the time to do so. This is a 5.5 gallon container. The water dish is clearly visible in the first pic, it looks like a leaf and has suction cup on the back of it. I used hot glue on the suction cup and on the side to support it. I also added a small strip of cork along the bottom front to keep the peat moss in, as you can see in the last pic, oh and "Boomer" says "Hi!"

Monte

jbrd

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Nice set up chffan, is that a sliding top? :?

Rounder

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yes it slides from right to the left and will make it easy to add water.

Gesticulator

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Chffan1 said:
Yes it slides from right to the left and will make it easy to add water.
Chffan1...Where did you get the sliding lid for a 5.5 gallon tank? I really need to get a few of those....I'm a real spazz when it comes to trying to open the lid, just a little and holdit there for maintenance and feeding. Please do tell....

PS cute boxer(?)

Rounder

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Gesticulator said:
Chffan1...Where did you get the sliding lid for a 5.5 gallon tank? I really need to get a few of those....I'm a real spazz when it comes to trying to open the lid, just a little and holdit there for maintenance and feeding. Please do tell....

PS cute boxer(?)
I got this 1 at PetSmart, the brand is "All Living Things". All-Glass Aquariums also has a 5.5 gallon with a sliding lid called "Critter Cages". I actually prefer the All-Glass brand, the lid is better in my opinion but I was unable to find any locally so I used the other. Our local Pet Warehouse carries the All-Glass "Critter Cage" but they don't stock it in the 5.5 gallon size and they told me they could not order it either, whatever.

And yes, that is my 4 year old Boxer named Boomer :)

geoffturbo

Arachnopeon
DEFINATELY the nicest setup ive seen yet (without question).Just wondering where you got ur small tanks frm? I would GENUINELY be interested in buying a few.(i live in Northern Ireland) Please write back!!!!!!!!

shogun804

Arachnogeneral
Old Timer
here is my set up as a whole.

Last edited:

Gesticulator

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
CreepyCrawly said:
My favorite enclosures are my 6 Spider Cubes. . The spiders that are too small don't have water dishes yet.
Love the cubes! what a great idea... :clap:

Gesticulator

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
becca81 said:
I
In the latest edition of "Arachnoculture," Michael Jacobi wrote an article that describes his setup for arboreal species and how he uses the screen lid (and what kind to use).
Thanks Becca.

Cooper

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Shogun, I am not seeing anything in your last post :confused: