Tarantula angered by flash?

Meribre

Arachnopeon
Hello,
I'm relatively new to this forum. Can anybody tell me how tarantulas usually react on flashes? Do different species react differently on a flash, i.e. did anybody observe an agressive response (e.g. from Poecilotherias etc.) while others might just run away? Or are T's totally indifferent to flashes? Hope my question is not too stupid :8o

Any advice is highly appreciated. Thanks in advance for your help.

Cheers
Mario :razz:

Last edited:

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Anger? Never seen it. The majority ignore ignore the flash completely and if you get any reaction at all, it's a run and hide response.

Nick_schembri

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I never got any response to flash from any of my T's (only 5 species)
They seem indifferent to it

weyman93

Arachnopeon
My chilean rose hare got spooked when I tried to take a pictur of it. It reacted differently than usual. she kind of jumped back.

is that normal? any advice would be great

thanks.....

Scott C.

Arachnofloater
Old Timer
Either no reaction, or a quick scrunching of the legs is all I have experienced.

Meribre

Arachnopeon
Hi :)
Thanks to everyone for the feedback. It appears that the T's are less worried by a flash than I initially thought, which means that I will be less worried when taking pictures of them in the future :cool:

Cheers

jdcarrel

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Meribre said:
Hi :)
Thanks to everyone for the feedback. It appears that the T's are less worried by a flash than I initially thought, which means that I will be less worried when taking pictures of them in the future :cool:

Cheers
Well since Ts have such poor vision, it only makes sense that they wouldn't react much to the light. I haven't ever had any of mine react either.

Meribre

Arachnopeon
@kornordie
Well since Ts have such poor vision, it only makes sense that they wouldn't react much to the light.
....which I wasn't aware of until these nice forum colleagues brought me up to date (still learning).

Thanks anyway,

ilovebugs

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I've never seen any reaction to a flash of my rosie's. though I generally avoid flashing them while they are molting.

wicked

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I have never gotten a reaction from my Ts because of a camera flash but once I shined a flashlight into my Brachypelma auratum's jar to check on her and she kicked hairs at me. She was in premolt so I guess she was just feeling snippy.