Taksinus bambus, a new genus and species of bamboo culm tarantula.

HOITrance

Arachnosquire
States have had them somewhat readily available for a year or so. I know of a few people who are breeding them with success too. Gorgeous spiders!

tylrp

Arachnopeon
States have had them somewhat readily available for a year or so. I know of a few people who are breeding them with success too. Gorgeous spiders!
Know best care? I've read bamboo so am thinking of buying a bamboo plant or two ans adding to enclosure maybe making a hollow...

HOITrance

Arachnosquire
Know best care? I've read bamboo so am thinking of buying a bamboo plant or two and adding to enclosure maybe making a hollow...
I do not have any as of yet, but the few enclosures I have seen online haves just had 3-5 vertical, hollow and dried bamboo stalks with a couple horizontal or angled ones up top. Seen them kept in both 8x8x12 and 12x12x18 enclosures. Not sure on moisture requirements, but could assume it similar to other arboreals in the region its found.

Maybe someone else can chime in with moisture requirements. Curious myself, as this is on my wish list lol

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
Saw them at an Expo last year. They are in the states.
No expos here I wasted my last t money at a pet shop with bad results . I could had gotten multiple lp slings online . No luck trying to convince my mom to let me order online and now I’m out of money. Is a 2” curly fine on dry substrate?all I got left of the 4.
Know best care? I've read bamboo so am thinking of buying a bamboo plant or two ans adding to enclosure maybe making a hollow...
don’t bamboo plants get huge ?

tylrp

Arachnopeon
I do not have any as of yet, but the few enclosures I have seen online haves just had 3-5 vertical, hollow and dried bamboo stalks with a couple horizontal or angled ones up top. Seen them kept in both 8x8x12 and 12x12x18 enclosures. Not sure on moisture requirements, but could assume it similar to other arboreals in the region its found.

Maybe someone else can chime in with moisture requirements. Curious myself, as this is on my wish list lol
I know I've seen some lately somewhere. Also was told these are another name in hobby. Orthinoctoninae sp Mae Hong son I think.

Last edited by a moderator:

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
These have already been mass collected our on line spood shops here n the uk have had them in for months if not close to a year 😔
Yeah I think I said that back in 2022 it looks like. Although I’ve seen them here and have a few friends I know who have sone pairs I believe!

Charliemum

Arachnocompulsive
Arachnosupporter
Yeah I think I said that back in 2022 it looks like. Although I’ve seen them here and have a few friends I know who have sone pairs I believe!
That's sad that they have already been mass collected. Hopefully if people are getting pairs and having luck with breeding they won't need to be collected soon 🤞🤞🤞