Tailless whip sac humidity

skotikus k

Arachnopeon
I've read in a few places that the gravid whip spider damon diadema will drop her eggs if the humidity is kept to low. Another source also mentioned the possibility of them rotting if not kept on the dryer side...other than that, couldn't find much info past the actual breeding process. Should I just leave it alone?? (Don't generally mess with em outside of a waterbowl.) The enclosure may also be overdue for a cleaning...but moving her in any way could cause her to drop?? From the looks of her, I'd imagine she is pretty far along. Anything might help, thanks guys.. -SCOTT K

Drakk

Arachnosquire
I have bred them (Damon diadema) several times, I have always kept her enclosure a bit moister then usual during the entire brooding process. If its not Damon, Then I can't say for sure but more moist has been helpful for me. Then again I live in MT and your climate is naturally more humid than mine.

skotikus k

Arachnopeon
So check this out, didn't even realize her eggs were extended out like a V. Is this normal?? Has it dropped eggs or dropping eggs = complete detachment?

Attachments

Ambly

Arachnobaron
Another amblypygi lover in Virginia? Sup dude. Sadly, it doesn't look very good. It should be right flat against the body. Google gravid amblypygid or search it here and you'll see. If it is indeed dropped, I am sorry:(