Taged by Scorps Pedipalps

Normski2020uk

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I have read all about peoples exeriances of being stung by verious Scorps. But after witnising my Male Emp slice a pencil ruber in half after trying to temp him out of his burrow so it could check his tail out (thought he had a fungle infection, turns out he was just cacked in dirt after digging). would like to start a Thread to find out peoples experiances of being on the wrong end of the busness end of a Scops Pedipalps.
I have had a couple of nips from my Emps, but i would descripb them as testing squeezes/warnings, but my male had no problem slicing through a rubber after i pissed him off. I belive Emps have the ability to draw blood, any one come a cropper??

G. Carnell

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
hey
ive been clawed by H.swammerdami, H.laoticus, H.spinifer, H.cyaneus and P.imperator as big species, they all hurt in equal amounts, but for some reasont he cyaneus would grab my skin, and not let go.. always squeezing in pulses which REALLY hurts

apart from that my Euscorpius flavicaudis -clawings- hurt alot! its like being pinched really hard on the edge of your skin ;(

parabuthus

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I had a male P. imperator grab onto TWO of my fingers with each pincer (pinky and second smallest finger). It REALLY hurt, and it kept squeezing and wouldn't let go. Locked like a pit bull it somehow kept finding a little more strength to squeeze harder!

It drew blood (from my pinky finger) {D.

prodgers69

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I've been pinched a few times by my emps, but so far they have not drawn blood.

Prymal

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Norm,

Large females and large overly-excited males; if they pinch the skin just right, can draw blood with seemingly relative ease. Many can also leave blood-blisters. Large specimens of P. cavimanus can also put the grips to you!
Dude, those massive, robust, powerful chelae are just what they appear to be - mechanisms of great crushing power.

Luc

pitbulllady

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I had a big Emp latch onto the end of my ring finger once, and it felt like I'd slammed a car door on that finger! I've been pinched by some large crawfish,and even a Blue Crab, but even the crab(which was the size of my hand)couldn't hold a candle to the scorpion in terms of crushing power. I developed a large blood blister underneath the nail, which took months to finally clear up, and was quite painful for a few weeks. In contrast, the one sting I've recieved from this species burned slightly and itched for around 15-20 minutes, then I couldn't even tell where it was except for a tiny pin-prick hole, which had completely healed by the following day.

pitbulllady

Prymal

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Heya Lady,

Oh yeah...emps can definitely put the claw to ya and you'll know it!

Luc

Jmadson13

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
yep a couple of big P. imperator claw fulls here. I still think hermit crabs hurt a bit more.;)

Kaos

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I was lifting a H. spinifer by the tail in a pet store, trying to sex it and it twisted and got hold of my thumb. Hurt a lot and was rather embarrasing:D

webracer17g

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
lol yeah i was handling one of my female emps the other day and got a few "love pinches" from her. first time that ive ever been pinched. no stings yet