T. stirmi spiderling in pre-molt mode?

Pasteo

Arachnopeon
Hi,

I have three adult female tarantulas (A. geniculata, L. parahybana, B. smithi) and a few weeks ago I have purchased two Theraphosa stirmi spiderlings.

Now I am a little bit confused, because both spiderlings closed their caves (coconut shells) with dirt up to about 90% as you can see in the attached image.

In one case the upper part of the cave-entry is filled with spider web, in the other case the upper part is free so that the spiderling may leave the cave from time to time.

But I cant see both spiderlings during the day and in the evening, because both remain in their caves.

Is this pre-molt behavoir? Should I hould up the caves and feed them?

Thanks

Attachments

Vanisher

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Hi,

I have three adult female tarantulas (A. geniculata, L. parahybana, B. smithi) and a few weeks ago I have purchased two Theraphosa stirmi spiderlings.

Now I am a little bit confused, because both spiderlings closed their caves (coconut shells) with dirt up to about 90% as you can see in the attached image.

In one case the upper part of the cave-entry is filled with spider web, in the other case the upper part is free so that the spiderling may leave the cave from time to time.

But I cant see both spiderlings during the day and in the evening, because both remain in their caves.

Is this pre-molt behavoir? Should I hould up the caves and feed them?

Thanks
There are multiple threads about this. Pretty normal behaviour during premoult but also because they just wanna be left alone

Pasteo

Arachnopeon
Many thanks :)

So its okay that I dont put cockroaches into the containers???