T. Stirmi Odd Pink substance on abdomen? is it ruptured?

Olivia Harper

Arachnopeon
Hi, Im olivia! my T. Stirmi Recently Molted 2-3 Days ago and we had a pretty bad thunder storm tonight. I went to check on my tarantula and she had this weird substance on her abdomen and im not sure if when thunder cracked she mightve flicked and rupture fragile skin! please help, im very worried about her!
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/454707818541613068/534294031384051717/20190114_035324.jpg
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/454707818541613068/534294031929180161/20190114_035315.jpg

BoyFromLA

Spoon feeder
Arachnosupporter +
I don’t know if I am seeing it correctly, but there’s a very larvae looking thing is attached to it.

Olivia Harper

Arachnopeon
I don’t know if I am seeing it correctly, but there’s a very larvae looking thing is attached to it.
It started out as a little glob then slowly progressed into that, ive slowly poked it and its no larvae, doesnt move or anything. I want to doubt she has larvae

UPDATE: The little substance has sort of shrunk and decreased in size, it looks as if its "Abdomen Fluid" my fellow keeper friend says as he has 2 T. Blondis. he says it might be a small little fracture that should heal up quick.

Last edited by a moderator:

Thekla

Arachnoprince
Yes, that looks like a raptured abdomen, which could be a death sentence for the spider if it doesn't scab over. Just hope for the best. :) I heard you could use corn starch to help with the scabbing over part.

Now, it's important to know how it happened, so, it won't happen again. Could you post a picture of the whole enclosure? Just to make sure everything's as it should be.

korg

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
In that first picture you can definitely see the abdomen is ruptured. Obviously a very serious situation, but hopefully it pulls through... I would make sure it has access to a water dish, and you might try the cornstarch thing as well.

Last edited:

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
Looks like it had a bad fall, make sure you remedy the height issue so this doesn't happen again.

Olivia Harper

Arachnopeon
Looks like it had a bad fall, make sure you remedy the height issue so this doesn't happen again.
In that first picture you can definitely see the abdomen is ruptured. Obviously a very serious situation, but hopefully it pulls through... I would make sure it has access to a water dish, and you might try the cornstarch thing as well.
Yes, that looks like a raptured abdomen, which could be a death sentence for the spider if it doesn't scab over. Just hope for the best. :) I heard you could use corn starch to help with the scabbing over part.

Now, it's important to know how it happened, so, it won't happen again. Could you post a picture of the whole enclosure? Just to make sure everything's as it should be.
It has been 9-12 hours and she is still okay! shes alive and well! the liquid on her abdomen is gone! she isnt in a death curl or anything else, she seems to be okay and very reactant, i was actually looking at her enclosure when the thunder clapped, she was flicking her hairs and then appeared the liquid! but she still seems to be alive! im scared of her kicking cause that looks like thats what did it! Ill give her a few days to recover and finish her exoskeleton before trying to interact with her enclosure to avoid any problems.