T. seladonia care?

spiderteeth

Arachnopeon
Hello, I am fairly new to the tarantula keeping hobby, but I always try to do plenty of research before buying. I still try to read up and look at AB frequently (usually on my lunch breaks or when its slow at work lol). I haven't seen any care threads or info from reputable sources for T. seladonias- anyone here have resources or threads I could read about them? Maybe I'm not searching hard enough? Are they docile or tempermental? I'm planning on only getting one when I know I'm ready. I don't own any arboreal species at the moment and most Ts I have are very docile. Just want to have some stuff to read/watch. Thanks! :)

Marcostaco

Arachnobaron
Just not using the search bar enough

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Hello, I am fairly new to the tarantula keeping hobby, but I always try to do plenty of research before buying. I still try to read up and look at AB frequently (usually on my lunch breaks or when its slow at work lol). I haven't seen any care threads or info from reputable sources for T. seladonias- anyone here have resources or threads I could read about them? Maybe I'm not searching hard enough? Are they docile or tempermental? I'm planning on only getting one when I know I'm ready. I don't own any arboreal species at the moment and most Ts I have are very docile. Just want to have some stuff to read/watch. Thanks! :)
Search the forum 🤣
It’s a very advanced species get something else while you research
Docile

Brewser

AraneaeRebel
Arachnosupporter
They don't call them Jewels for nothing.
...Pretty & Expensive...
$$$ Breed Em and Flood the Market $$$
...Bring the price down...
Research , Best Wishes, and Good Luck

Last edited:

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
Second that! I'd personally tell you to try a different aboreal that's easier to keep
Yeah there super rare , expensive and I wouldn’t bother unless op planned on breeding them. I personally won’t try T. seladonia. Let the experts have them.
They don't call them Jewels for nothing.
...Pretty & Expensive...
$$$ Breed Em and Flood the Market $$$
...Bring the price down...
Research , Best Wishes, and Good Luck
Or do that . 😃

Spinnenfritzi

Arachnopeon
Step 1. NEVER let them dry out
i keep mine bone dry with the occasional waterdrop near the trap door ( once a week).
I got her when she was 2mm in dls and she allready molted twice for me.

providing the right Material in the right size for trapdoorbuildikg is important

what I found challenging was feeding her at that size because she was scared of fruit flies....
but offering drum sticks did the trick for me.
i fiddled those into the trapdoor until she grabbed it. too far in and she got spooked again. Reminded me of feeding a baby or something.

But as she grew she started to take living prey and now everything is smooth saibling.

That said most of the things i did i read on seladonia threads in this very forum.

Last edited:

spiderteeth

Arachnopeon
Thanks for all the replies folks! I know I'm not ready for one for quite some time but I just wanted some advice from experts. I sure got it! Thank you! :)