T Newb

Rex87

Arachnopeon
Hey everybody i got a few questions about getting a tarantula....
First i am new to owning a spider and have been look at different types to get for a few months now
i wanted a larger spider 6-7 inches, some unique colors would be cool
just wanted some suggestions as to what i should look for
some that i have been eyeing...
Brachypelma smithi - Mexican Red Knee Tarantula
Grammostola aureostriata (pulchripes) - Chaco Golden Knee Tarantula
Avicularia metallica - Metallic Pink Toe Tarantula
??
Any information would be awesome thanks!

ArkanoviTigrovi

Arachnosquire
B. smithis are great but they take a LONG time to grow. If you want a fully grown female its gonna cost you a good amount. If you want a big T i'd look at the L. parahybana, it gets huge (but not so colorful). All those other ones you listed seem good, the pulchripes shouldn't cost too much but the versi might. Also look at the B. vagans, its got a nice vibrant red color on its abdomen that looks great when in contrast with his black carapace.

Also I forgot to mention the Green Bottle Blue. This is an amazing specimen and cost around 40$ as a sling and has a pretty fast growth rate.

LittleSister

Arachnopeon
Grammostola pulchra are beauties. Might not be colourful but the velvety black is amazing.

happysmile88

Arachnoknight
Hi are you planning to buy a sling or an adult? If you plan to buy a spiderling, go ahead and pick anything you think is cool and you can manage. I assure you that you'll love that first tarantula regardless of its size/color ;)

I recommend a Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens haha