T. Blondi on back!!!!!

darkness_falls8

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I saw a video on Youtube alot like the one you posted, it involved a Pterinochilus murinus laying on it's back doing the same thing yours is, the description said it had something called Dyskinetic Syndrome or something, I can't find the video.
Sorry about your T, I hope it's ok. Good luck on figuring out what's going on with it.

Marilyn

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
hmm,, found a post with Dyskinetic Syndrome,

http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showthread.php?t=39910

if it is that, it dont look to good.

we are now coming towards the 36 hour +.

after close observations, it seems she has made a hill underneath her, and it also looks like she has attempted to flip back over but can't

as time is running, should i gently asisst to help her over?

Lorgakor

Arachnomom
Staff member
If it was me I would flip her back over. I really don't think this has anything to do with moulting.

The link to your video doesn't work?

Lorgakor

Arachnomom
Staff member
Nope I still can't view it. It says,

The video you have requested is not available.

If you have recently uploaded this video, you may need to wait a few minutes for the video to process.

spid142

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
not molting

I watched your video, and thats very strange moving, doesnt look like molting at all. I hope you find out the cause , and the T does ok.

Johnny_27

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I have to go with the Dyskenetic Syndrome too. I didnt even think about it. Ive never seen one on its back like that. It probably fell like that and cant get back up. Id just flip it back over. Good Luck.

Marilyn

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
ok, here is an up date, it looks like she is dying.

her legs have got all flimsy,

i asisted he up,and moved water dish closer, hoping she migh drink,

but her back legs are all bad,.and she can barely stand using her front legs.

so the chances are she wont make it :(

Johnny_27

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
ok, here is an up date, it looks like she is dying.

her legs have got all flimsy,

i asisted he up,and moved water dish closer, hoping she migh drink,

but her back legs are all bad,.and she can barely stand using her front legs.

so the chances are she wont make it :(
I hate to say it but I've never heard that a T has recovered from this.. I still wish you the best tho and hope she pulls through. Good luck..

Marilyn

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
well, went to bed, abit upset, because i know she will be a big loss,

woke up and she is still holding on,
she is trying to stand up al the time but not making it all the way..

but she is fighting.,, i read that most T's that get Dyskinetic Syndrome, only live for about 24 hours once on there back..
but it is now 48 hour+ and she is fighting..

hope it goes well, i will keep u updated.

thanx for al the help too.
-Marilyn

Taceas

Arachnolord
Old Timer
It doesn't look like the typical molting "leg wiggles" to me either. =(

Is there anything that's changed since she got sick initially? Have you changed anything in the enclosure, painted in your home, any pesticide spraying going on in your home or neighbour's home? It almost looks like its poisoned by something.

My brand new P. subfusca was down and out 8 hrs after putting it into its new enclosure. Apparently something was amiss with the ingredients I used in the container, which is similar to my Avic setups.

It was on the ground, uncoordinated, fangs digging into the substrate trying to push itself up, it couldn't stand, it couldn't walk...just laying there spasming and twitching. Once I saw something wasn't right I immediately took it out and placed it in a vial with moist paper towel and overnight it progressively got better. By this morning its 100% back to normal.

I never did figure out what the problem was, but I threw out the main cork bark slab that the sliver in its cage came from. It was a brand new slab I bought, so I hadn't used it in any other enclosures and didn't want to chance it having been sprayed with something. I threw out the entire bag of peat moss that I've used before without problems. I actually threw the acrylic display cube out in case its plastic was somehow different than the rest in the case I bought.

I would personally move your girl to an ICU with good ventilation and see if maybe she doesn't improve. After reading about this "dyskinetic syndrome" it seems most people's tarantulas died within 24hrs, which yours clearly has not.

Best of luck to you and her.

Marilyn

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
ok moved her, .

done what you said, i hope she will recover.
am trying anything to keep her going.,,
but she does seem to get weeker as the hours go on now :(

Windchaser

Arachnoking
Old Timer
In Europe, dates are written as day-month-year, instead of month-day-year as we do in the US.

So 2-12-06 would be 2nd of December, 2006.
I completely missed this and had thought that it's last molt was nearly a year ago. Had I caught this I would not have said it was molting.

Wish_mastera

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hey, whats going on with her? I know how you feel. My blondi has several big problems with bad molts and barely made it trought. Now its 8" and is black from 11 days. Its my big worry for now. Keep my fingers crossed for your end my girl.

Marilyn

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hey, whats going on with her? I know how you feel. My blondi has several big problems with bad molts and barely made it trought. Now its 8" and is black from 11 days. Its my big worry for now. Keep my fingers crossed for your end my girl.

AN UPDATE!!!

as i had said, i put her into issolation, in a container with a water dish, and kitchen towel, with allot of air vents.

soo after i noticed that the back legs ad curled underneath her, and the front were soon to follow.

by lunch time, 13:00 CET, she was curled up and not moving, no sighn of life, so i was pretty upset, as you can imagine.

when i returned from work at 23:25 CET, she was still curled up but there was a sign of life again, she started to hiss, so my hope were up again.
because she is still unable to get up and get to thewater dish, i got a syringe and filld it with fresh water, and manually give her some water.
then this morning, her legs have unfolded again, and she is starting to recover slightly.
i am still having to manually give her water, as she is not fully unfolded on all 8's yet..
but she is improving little by little

and yes, my hand is in agony due to the hairs from holding her to do all this, but she is worth it 110%

Marilyn

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Great News !
Fingers crossed for a full recovery !

:)
thanks am working on it,, she is doing rather well, for the shock she had me in when she was all curled up and no sign of life to be seen or heard...
so yeh, she is getting there, slowly but surely

becca81

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
A small syringe and water can be a wonderful thing. Hopefully she'll be able to drink on her own soon.

Can you take a picture of the entire enclosure she's being housed in? Is it one of those Exo-Terra aquariums (that was my initial impression based on the background).

Good luck!

Becca

Marilyn

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
at the moment, the terarium, she was in, is empty, i am cleaning it out at the mo