T blondi male won't breed

esa space station

Arachnoknight
Hi I was wondering if anyone can share any insight on this,I have a t blondi male who matured 6wks ago and recently made a sperm web,my female is around 3wks or so post moult,she at correct temp ,humiditys fine etc she has webbing outside her burrow,both have been fed prior to pairing,the male will not pair up ,collecting him from his tank he darts everywhere it's the same when I put in the females enclosure he doesn't do anything he legs it or sits still no tapping or single beats nothing at all,I have Older males they pair off ok but they are in warmer tanks,would I be right in assuming it's temperature related as twice now I've tried an getting nowhere so rehoused him into a warmer tank ,if anyone has any ideas or advice it'd be really helpful thanks

Tarantuland

Arachnoprince
Try shark tanking him if you got something big enough. Put some of her webbing in with him and some of his web in her enclosure. I have heard these are tough but personally I haven’t tried Theraphosas yet

NMTs

Spider Wrangler
Arachnosupporter +
Try shark tanking him if you got something big enough. Put some of her webbing in with him and some of his web in her enclosure. I have heard these are tough but personally I haven’t tried Theraphosas yet
This was my first thought, too. Good luck!

esa space station

Arachnoknight
Ok thanks will try that,as I said previously I wondered whether temperature was at fault,because he doesn't interact with her ,so I will try each with a bit of web from each other,male rehoused (with his old sperm web)in warmer tank now,so will wait until he makes new sperm web.

esa space station

Arachnoknight
they each got web if each other.so male has female web in burrow and female has web of male in her burrow.and it worked so they conditioned for breeding

NMTs

Spider Wrangler
Arachnosupporter +
What is "shark tanking"?
Shark tanking usually refers to the practice of keeping the male in a smaller enclosure, like a kritter keeper or similar, and placing the entire enclosure with the male inside into the female's larger enclosure for a period of time to let them get acquainted and (hopefully) aroused. It especially seems to help more skittish males get over their instinctual reaction to run like crazy when first introduced to a new environment. I think the "shark tanking" reference comes from cage diving with sharks...

It sounds like the OP was successful with a different approach of introducing webbing from each specimen into the enclosure of the other for a while, which seems to have worked!