Synchronized molting

obg

Arachnopeon
Good day. I have several slings bought at different times and from different breeders. I'm noticing that they seem to be molting at the same time....last night my GBB and Lampropelma violaceopes both molted. A week ago, one of my versi's molted and the second one is about to molt it seems. A tiny pumpkin patch shed last week. And it looks like my horned baboon's about to molt as well. Not EXACTLY at the same time...but close enough i thought. The singapore blue is super reclusive but a neat freak. It created this funnel that goes all the way to the top of the enclosure and it promptly dumped its shedding at the top for me to remove. very cool.

Attachments

cold blood

Staff member
They are all responding to the same environmental cues....so it's logical that they would molt in bunches.

cold blood

Staff member
and feeding regimen i would guess
Well feeding gets them in position to molt, but environmental cues often dictate exactly when molting takes place.

When ideal conditions present themselves, you will see some molting early, others that have been waiting in pre-molt for a while finally molt as well.

FrmDaLeftCoast

Arachnosquire
I'm having the same thing happening with my T's. I just assumed they were going through something similar to women and that monthly thingamajig. In which those who live together or spend a large amount of time together tend to experience the monthly thingamajig at the same time. I tried to Google it, but all I found were pictures I wish I could erase from my memory :astonished:

obg

Arachnopeon
I'm having the same thing happening with my T's. I just assumed they were going through something similar to women and that monthly thingamajig. In which those who live together or spend a large amount of time together tend to experience the monthly thingamajig at the same time. I tried to Google it, but all I found were pictures I wish I could erase from my memory :astonished:

you forgot to put that PERIOD at the end of your sentence