sweet deal

B.Munch

Arachnopeon
i went in to the pet shop to buy bigger kritter keepers for my 2 spiderlings and i checked out the Ts just to see if there was anything new. there was a H.lividum spiderling about the size of a silver dollar. but they marked it as a A.versicolor for $10.00 :eek: i dont know what the store manager smokes, but he can keep on doing it. so i bought it. i have it in a kritter keeper with 5inches of peat moss/vermiculite mix so she has plenty of room to burrow. it is kept at about 80*to 85* with 80% humidity a water dish and hide spot. will this keep it healthy and happy. i didnt want to get one of these untill i had more experience but i couldnt pass up the deal. now i have other people go in the pet shops to get my supplies

Joe1968

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
wow, that is a great deal, cobalt blue that size fetch easily at $40-$50!!!
:D

Mike H.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
That is a great deal...just be carefull with having the humidity up that high...mites and mold may be an issue with alot of humidity....it is a good idea to let the substrate TOTALLY dry out from time to time...as long as the water dish is full the spider should be ok..

Regards, Mike :rolleyes:

MyNameHere

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
:eek:

that's a faboo deal any way you look at it; my versi's cost me twice that when they were 3/4" LS. You guys must have a feral colony of 'em out where you live!

manville

Arachnoking
Old Timer
great deal i guess..i got my female cobalt for 100 CDN. Not that bad either.

Hairyspider

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Sweeeet deal

good job, it's nice to know what T's go for and even better when you find one miss-labled. As far as the humidity factor I mist mine at least once a day or EOD(every other day) and it seems prety happy.

Later

Hairy

Mike H.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
As far as the humidity factor I mist mine at least once a day or EOD(every other day) and it seems prety happy.

Later

Hairy[/QUOTE]

In my opinion you dont need to mist every day...maybe once a week if that...humidity is way over rated....a water dish is usually plenty...

Regards, Mike :rolleyes:

Mattyb

Arachnoking
Old Timer
You got a great deal, i'm going to be getting a Cobalt in about a week or two and i'm paying $40 for it....but i've seen them even higher in price than that. Keep up the good work, and take care! :)