Sucking stomach issue? Help pls!

VukSRB

Arachnosquire
I got Y. Diversipes 1 inch sling few days ago. The owner said that it molted two weeks ago. I fed her once with the small mealworm and once with the baby lat roach and she pounced at them and killed them, but after a while she just wraps them a little bit and put them aside, doesnt eat them. Here is a picture, and I am afraid that I might lose it...

Attachments

Glorious Baboon

Arachnosquire
Unfortunately for sucking stomach there is not much you can do, now if that is the problem I do not know as small as she is if she does have it she only needs to last until next molt and the issue should be resolved. Does she hold onto them after killing the prey item for a bit or just kill and instantly start wrapping them up?

VukSRB

Arachnosquire
Unfortunately for sucking stomach there is not much you can do, now if that is the problem I do not know as small as she is if she does have it she only needs to last until next molt and the issue should be resolved. Does she hold onto them after killing the prey item for a bit or just kill and instantly start wrapping them up?
She took the roach l and I went to study. When I looked 45min after I saw that she abandoned the roach intact, just killed. Abdomen same size...

Glorious Baboon

Arachnosquire
I had a specimen that would kill the prey instead of eating from time to time. she may be fine just keep an eye on her/him. And remove prey items to avoid mold and mites

Theneil

Arachnoprince
Before assuming suching stomach. I would suggest posting the complete setup to be checked for potential flaws , and also try to make sure the sling is hydrated. I would get a sprayer of some sort and lightly spray down the enclosure as some Ts seem most likely to wait for rain to drink, even if a water dish is present. A dehydrates spider often wont (cant?) eat.

Ellenantula

Arachnoking
I hope it's not a sucking stomach but it doesn't sound like it's been too long without food to worry yet.

I had a specimen that would kill the prey instead of eating from time to time. she may be fine just keep an eye on her/him. And remove prey items to avoid mold and mites
Yeah, esp my G rosea -- if she's not hungry (rare, I only feed her every 6 weeks, and then, just a large juvie roach since her rump is good sized). BUT, if I put in a feeder she doesn't want -- she can go medieval on it -- torture & kill and then just leave it for me to remove. I assume an unwanted feeder annoys her when she isn't hungry.

Arachnophoric

Arachnoangel
I highly doubt this is a sucking stomach issue. 45 minutes is a very short time frame, I've had several Ts that will kill their prey, wrap it, and leave it for a bit before returning to it hours later. You've also only had it a few days and have bothered it several times from the sound of it, it hasn't even had time to settle in. Give it access to fresh water (for slings that size I like bottle caps) and give it a week to get acclimated.

Don't get overzealous with the spraying, since Avicularia and their similar relatives are sensitive to overly wet/humid conditions. At most I just dribble a little water into some webbing since spraying often gets the T wet and startles them.

Might be helpful to post a pic of the setup if you're really concerned, but it truly doesn't sound like anything is wrong with your T. It looks perfectly healthy for a recently molted sling.