xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Nice, grats.

Now get 'em to second instar!

Shrike

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Congrats! That is one big egg sac (I guess that shouldn't come as a surprise).

RottweilExpress

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thanks guys. Well it was fairly sized. But there was alot of bad eggs too. Total was about 100 perhaps? Hard to tell and I'm not about to count them =)

jayefbe

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Sweet! It's awesome to see a good sac, even if it is in Europe.

RottweilExpress

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
It varies, but yes. The moisture you see in the pic is the drier part which ahs not been watered for well over a month. She actually migrated to it after me pouring in too much water in her chambered part. I suspect I kept her too moist last sack, but found a better balance this time. Next time I'll even go drier, but it's HARD when you can't see and can't feel the substrate, you can only guess and you're dying to get the sack going.

Bosing

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Congratulations! how many days did you wait to pull the sac from big momma? would you have information as to how old your female is?

RottweilExpress

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thanks

The fem is no more than 3 years, probably more like 2-2½ or so. Not old, not fully grown. It was her second sack, first successfull. I waited 37-38 days, and that was not enough for all of them to turn nymph, if you have that goal. Temp was about 23 C in the room, but she was at floor level with an oilbased radiator less than 4 dm away (<2 feet).