Stupid, T-killing People!!!

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
My hubby's friend called us last night at about 9:15pm. "Dude, you have to come over and get this spider, it's as big as my fist!!" He tried to tell them how to capture it, but they kept saying, "It's as big as my fist!!" So he get dressed and goes over there to find a 4" male T on their garage floor. He captured it and THEN they tell him it was on the ceiling, they sprayed it with Raid and it fell to the floor!!!

He's in death curl right now, I don't expect him to last after today. I have his face in water, but I doubt that he can drink enough to get the damn (oops!) poison out of his system. He's moving every so slowly, doing the little stretch thing.

Why the BLEEP didn't they call us BEFORE they sprayed the poor guy? :(

WayneT

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I wish you all the luck in the world trying to nurse it back to health. T's are so misunderstood and misrepresented...it's sad. Down here, you have people that make a game out of running over the males you'll find on the road at nite. Makes me sick. Good luck Ter....

protheus

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Terri,

Good luck. There's a chance that if the poison didn't get into the booklungs it may not have too much of a problem from that. I'd be afraid of internal injuries from the fall, though :(

Chris

Socrates

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Dowse it!

Terri,
When we lived in OK my neighbors did something similar. They actually put the tarantula that their son found in a jar filled with pesticides. 2 hours later it was still alive. Granted, I wasn't "into" Ts at that point in my life, but I was FURIOUS at their ignorance. I took the T home (in the poison-filled jar), got it out, and rinsed it with clean water for a while. I then placed it in one of my empty aquariums, which I placed outside. The T was gone the next morning!

It's worth a shot, isn't it?

Hope you can safe him! Best of luck, and please keep us posted.

---
Wendy
---

Megalodon

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
just go back over there spray them in the face with pesticide and kick them down the stairs and see how they like it

Melmoth

ArachnoSweetTalker
Old Timer
Terri,
I'll keep my fingers crossed for the little guy.It's a great pity that this attitude caused by ignorance is so widespread.Keep us posted.
George

harwin

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
just go back over there spray them in the face with pesticide and kick them down the stairs and see how they like it
This is extremely disturbing.... some of you guys sound like people from the PETA cult... Kill people save animals? animal more than people?

For the layman they will have no idea how dangerous a animal could be. There are people who are xenophobic ie.fear of the unknown. Arachnophobic? Furthermore to most people a spider is a bug like a cockroach.

The only thing wrong I see with their action is that, since they knew someone who could handle a T, they instead choose to spray it themselves and then call later. They probably did it out of instinct.

Malhavoc's

Arachnoking
Old Timer
And I thought this thread was about me and my "its a male thats gunan die next week"jinxes...Guess I'kl have to try harder to get recognized.. hey got anymore egg sacs that I can fortell the doom of?

Edit: Hey waynt I think that makes 2 scored for the Malhavoc madness ;)

Last edited:

Megalodon

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
harwin said:
This is extremely disturbing.... some of you guys sound like people from the PETA cult... Kill people save animals? animal more than people?

For the layman they will have no idea how dangerous a animal could be. There are people who are xenophobic ie.fear of the unknown. Arachnophobic? Furthermore to most people a spider is a bug like a cockroach.

The only thing wrong I see with their action is that, since they knew someone who could handle a T, they instead choose to spray it themselves and then call later. They probably did it out of instinct.
i was kidding, be calm

Spider-man 2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
harwin said:
xenophobic ie.fear of the unknown.
it is actually specifically meaning, fear of foreign people. Fear of the unknown is too general.

Do you have an update on the T, Terry?

WayneT

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Malhavoc's said:
And I thought this thread was about me and my "its a male thats gunan die next week"jinxes...Guess I'kl have to try harder to get recognized.. hey got anymore egg sacs that I can fortell the doom of?

Edit: Hey waynt I think that makes 2 scored for the Malhavoc madness ;)
Yep...I'm keepin' score...your up 2 zip!

klandagi

Arachnopeon
Awwww...the poor baby! I really really hope it recovers alright. Perhaps it would be best to try to talk to those people and explain the real facts about tarantulas to them so this won't happen again and they might go ahead and call you first like they should have this time. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your little rescue!

~Lor

Malhavoc's

Arachnoking
Old Timer
WayneT said:
Yep...I'm keepin' score...your up 2 zip!

You know shes going to be upsett when She figures out that we're ganging up agianst her right? lol

protheus

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Cooper said:
Aw, that really sucks. Is he still alive?

Umm, yeah, actually, how's it doing? Will you keep it if it pulls through ok?

Chris